PDA

View Full Version : Block - Caller Unrecognized?

toytown
15-05-2006, 18:28
Hi

Is there any way to block incomming calls, where the number is not recognized? Were getting several every single day and its getting really frustrating. We are already signed up to TPA and have Anonymous Call Blocking on.........but this does not stop calls with unrecognized numbers.

Other than changing our phone number is there anything we can do?

ben1390
15-05-2006, 18:51
Which phone provider do you use?

jtwn
15-05-2006, 18:57
This is a ntl forum?

ben1390
15-05-2006, 19:24
This is a ntl forum?
Sorry, It's Monday, I really should put my brain into gear before posting

NTL do have an anonymous call blocking service

bonzoe
15-05-2006, 19:48
Sorry, It's Monday, I really should put my brain into gear before posting

NTL do have an anonymous call blocking service
He says he has anonoymous call blocking, it isn't blocking the troublesome number(s)

banjo
15-05-2006, 20:08
What about using a cheap answer machine to screen your calls, tell the people you want to talk to that you are doing this and let the machine pick up the rest !

ben1390
15-05-2006, 20:10
He says he has anonoymous call blocking, it isn't blocking the troublesome number(s)

Most of the troublesome numbers give out their numbers though. You could register with the telephone preference service

toytown
15-05-2006, 22:28
You could register with the telephone preference service

We already are, thats what i meant by TPA (my mistake, i spelt it wrong), however a lot of the calls come from outside the uk, such as americans telling me ive won holidays in florida, indian sounding people telling me to swap over to other providers or telling me ive won whatever mobile offers. As there not calling from the UK, i dont think they care one iota about the TPA.

Anonymous Call Blocking is only removing the people who are withhelding there number, and some uk companies, it doesnt get rid of people phoning in from other countrys/voip providers with caller id witheld etc etc, and these are the calls were getting every single day. It would be good if this feature could also include numbers it does not recognise as well.

Even if we had to pay for this feature we would, at the moment its just a joke, between the times of 13:00 - 18:00 theres hardly any point in picking up the phone as every caller is a junk call almost.