PDA

View Full Version : Call centre opening times

th'engineer
29-11-2003, 08:04
Right this is something really getting to me at the moment. You have a fault you ring up they are closed apart from telephone faults.

Does this really get to other people

They are supposed to provide a service surely they would be better off opening when most people are at home in the evenings and at weekend .

Thats when the customers want the service.

Come on NTL get customer focused

Mark W
29-11-2003, 08:11
i have so say, that has to be the biggest annoyance i personally have with ntl - from a customer point of view.

tech support for broadband is open 08:00 till 00:00 7 days a week - why oh why cant they have even a small customer service team open late evenings and on a sunday?? Especially faults?? i would have thought someone losing all their TV is more important than losing the internet??

and anyway - all that happens is they end up calling tech support, and get angry when we tell them there is nothing we can do :(

th'engineer
29-11-2003, 08:27
i have so say, that has to be the biggest annoyance i personally have with ntl - from a customer point of view.

tech support for broadband is open 08:00 till 00:00 7 days a week - why oh why cant they have even a small customer service team open late evenings and on a sunday?? Especially faults?? i would have thought someone losing all their TV is more important than losing the internet??

and anyway - all that happens is they end up calling tech support, and get angry when we tell them there is nothing we can do :(
It gives you the impression they want people to move to Sky no support for it at evenings & weekends when people use it

bigitup_j
29-11-2003, 09:56
maybe when ntl finish harmonising all the call centres and seperate billing systems and accounts, then we will have standard opening hours across the ntl network (in theory). it completely depends where you live whether you get faults and cs on sundays!

abailey152
30-11-2003, 22:01
Yep, I've been there, and done that. Sorry if it was you who received my wrath!! :sorry:

baldy
30-11-2003, 22:56
Does this really get to other people

They are supposed to provide a service surely they would be better off opening when most people are at home in the evenings and at weekend .

:zzz:

Perhaps ntl have decided that their staff can have a life after all. Just like their customers :p

Florence
30-11-2003, 23:00

Perhaps ntl have decided that their staff can have a life after all. Just like their customers :p
Some like to work evening I know a few that work for Telewest call center and they enjoy the evening and only work 5 evenings a week giving them 2 free. Also they have most of the day free.

5pm till 12pm 5 days a week isn't too bad I would work that.. some overtime on weekends :D

abailey152
30-11-2003, 23:03

Get them into work, I say. Chain them to their desks, and beat 'em on a daily basis!!! :D

Marge
30-11-2003, 23:32
Some like to work evening I know a few that work for Telewest call center and they enjoy the evening and only work 5 evenings a week giving them 2 free. Also they have most of the day free.

5pm till 12pm 5 days a week isn't too bad I would work that.. some overtime on weekends :D

I used to work the 4pm - 12.15 am shift and was gutted when they changed the call centre opening hours :cry: i used to get a lie in every day and not have that monday morning feeling, now i start at 7.45 am and cos of the traffic have to leave home at 7 am

DrAwesome
30-11-2003, 23:37
NTL should do what most Japanese firms do give their employees the option to sleep at work

(not during their shift i mean after their shift) :)

Stuart
30-11-2003, 23:47

You obviously haven't heard of "shifts" then? You know, where a company divides it's work force into several groups, and arranges the times that each group starts and ends to provide coverage over a 24 hour period?

I believe BT does this. It would be nice if NTL did too (if only for faults), or at least they opened longer hours.

Of course, they would need more staff to do this, so it would cost them more.

Stuart
30-11-2003, 23:50
NTL should do what most Japanese firms do give their employees the option to sleep at work

(not during their shift i mean after their shift) :)
Some companies here do. I had a friend who was on call for his company, and when he was on call, he was allowed to use a very nice flat on the premises.

Bummer getting a call at 3:15 in the morning saying a server had died though, having to fix it and still be at work for 9:00..

Helpy Person
02-12-2003, 21:31
Get them into work, I say. Chain them to their desks, and beat 'em on a daily basis!!! :D

They do that anyway :cry: :dozey:

Neil
02-12-2003, 21:35
They do that anyway :cry: :dozey:

Hi Helpy! :wavey:

Welcome (back) to nthw. :D

Helpy Person
03-12-2003, 08:44
Hi Helpy! :wavey:

Welcome (back) to nthw. :D

Hellooooo :wavey:

I'm still here just lurking ... :p

dieselking
03-12-2003, 11:26
The other week our STB just stopped working completely so we have no telly or internet. It was about 9pm so we rung the ntl help-line as we assumed it was open 24 hours but when we did ring up we find out it was shut & didnâ₠¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢t op0en until 9 the next morning. It was quite annoying but when we did get through next morning the people were very helpful.

Escapee
03-12-2003, 12:49
You obviously haven't heard of "shifts" then? You know, where a company divides it's work force into several groups, and arranges the times that each group starts and ends to provide coverage over a 24 hour period?

I believe BT does this. It would be nice if NTL did too (if only for faults), or at least they opened longer hours.

Of course, they would need more staff to do this, so it would cost them more.

That one makes me laugh but not at you scastle.

I remember when all the senior managers in networks went to a big conference and someone got up and did a presentation about the Network Techs/Engineers working shifts. This clever guy worked out all the figures and benefits and all the money that they would be saving on the excessive overtime bills at the time.

Senior management were very impressed and some American a***hole of a boss even tried to introduce it in Wales, they gave up after a few of us said no thanks. I told the guy personally I would not apply for a job advertised as working shifts, so to force me to work shiftes would be constructive dismissal.

The idea was dropped partly because of the reaction towards the way it was in usual ntl terms being forced with very little compensation in their usual walk over people routine, but mostly because the idiot who had worked out all the figures didnt put any extra people in the headcount to cover the daytime!!!!

The further up the ladder, the bigger the idiot. :dunce: