PDA

View Full Version : Arsenal may sue Smith over tackle

gazzae
03-05-2006, 15:33
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has revealed the club are considering legal action against Sunderland defender Dan Smith after his foul on Abou Diaby on Monday.

Diaby, 19, is out of the Champions League final after Smith's dangerous lunge left him with a fractured and dislocated ankle. Wenger and several of Diaby's team-mates were fuming after the incident in Arsenal's 3-0 victory at the Stadium of Light, with Kolo Toure claiming 19-year-old Smith deliberately tried to hurt the French midfielder.

http://www.football365.com/news/story_184386.shtml

Dangerous precedent to set. Wasn't it Diaby who put Campo out for a month earlier in the season?

Damien
03-05-2006, 16:44
Sometimes it should be used. Remember the Keane tackle on the man city player. He put the guy out for months and even then failed to get much first team football and then keane admitted he was going for the player in his book

smicer07
03-05-2006, 16:49
Wenger is such a hypocrite after some of the tackles the likes of Vieira have put in over the years. Smith's tackle was only a yellow card anyway, it wasn't two footed, just a bit reckless.

gazzae
03-05-2006, 16:53
Sometimes it should be used. Remember the Keane tackle on the man city player. He put the guy out for months and even then failed to get much first team football and then keane admitted he was going for the player in his book

We are not talking a malicious tackle though, rather a mistimed one by an inexperienced player. Much like Diaby on Campo.
I doubt there is any history between Smith and Diaby unlike Keane and Haaland.

Also, check your facts, while Keane's tackle was very bad, it was problems with Haaland's other knee that ended his career

Damien
03-05-2006, 16:57
We are not talking a malicious tackle though, rather a mistimed one by an inexperienced player. Much like Diaby on Campo.
I doubt there is any history between Smith and Diaby unlike Keane and Haaland.

Also, check your facts, while Keane's tackle was very bad, it was problems with Haaland's other knee that ended his career

Oppps. Sorry. Still it was a bad tackle made all the more worse by Keanes admission that is on purpose.

I did not see the Arsenal tackle. I doubt Arsenal will really sue though.