PDA

View Full Version : Moving House

pootle
27-11-2003, 20:05
I moving house next Tuesday (2nd Dec) and would like my broadband service to move with me. Unfortunately the "moving house with ntl could not be easier...." [as per the blurb on my last invoice] is not proving to be the case.

I registered my moving details, with completion date, last Thursday and was promised a call back by the moving dept - so far no calls, even though I tried to follow it up this morning.

It doesn't seem possible to speak directly with the moving dept and TBH I feel sorry for the guys that take the calls on the 0800 052 2000 number, as I had the impression that they have trouble contacting this team also.

Can anyone help me obtain an installation date (I don't expect it to be on the day of the move, but sometime during that week would be good - not sure if I can cope with moving house and internet withdrawal!).

If it helps I have a ref number from my first call.

Many thanks

Jon M
27-11-2003, 23:18
i had the same problem, the only thing i could do was keep calling customer services who put me through to the home movers team.. who again had no idea when the team on the ground would be round.

eventually i got a date out of them.. but it was for 3 weeks after my move date.. so i kicked up a bit of a fuss and got in touch a bit higher up the chain of command..
needless to say, it was sorted soon after that, which i'm grateful for.

if you can get the attention of someone useful here then great, but all i can suggest is that you keep calling customer services until you get the date through.

pootle
28-11-2003, 17:08
Scooby - thanks for the PM last night. I've called the number you gave me and managed to speak to someone really quickly (<1min) :shocked: . I've been promised a call back in no more than 48hrs with an install date.

Depending on when the call arrives/install complete I will post an update.

I guess I owe you a scooby snack :LOL:

pootle
28-11-2003, 17:09
S1lv3r

I'd tried that route and then re-discovered .co.uk where I knew help would be forthcoming.

Cheers

Pootle

steved
29-11-2003, 11:11
Have you managed to get a reply Pootle?

I called up on Thursday to arrange my move for the 6th Dec, was told you'll get a confirmation by txt message tomorrow (Fri). Did I recieve it? of course not. Unfortuntly due to a prob with the exchange of contracts i need to change my move date to the 9th so i need to let the the move centre know. THAT is closed now till the 3rd of dec to "improve customer service" (hahahaha like THATS gonna happen!) so what do i do? is my move actually booked for the 6th? i have to say my past experience with NTL has not been good at all so dreading this! Do any of the helpful folk here know how I can find out?

Steved

Graham F
29-11-2003, 11:58

I called up on Thursday to arrange my move for the 6th Dec, was told you'll get a confirmation by txt message tomorrow (Fri). Did I recieve it? of course not. Unfortuntly due to a prob with the exchange of contracts i need to change my move date to the 9th so i need to let the the move centre know. THAT is closed now till the 3rd of dec to "improve customer service" (hahahaha like THATS gonna happen!) so what do i do? is my move actually booked for the 6th? i have to say my past experience with NTL has not been good at all so dreading this! Do any of the helpful folk here know how I can find out?

Steved
Ring customer services on 0800 052 2000 and ask them that is your only option :)

Pootle - glad the number was of use :)

pootle
29-11-2003, 16:09

Steved

No call or text message yet - mind you I was told that it could take upto 48hours, which I guess equates to 2 working days. I didn't realise the move centre is closed, so it looks as if I'll be without access for sometime. Wonder if I'll receive a credit for the downtime, as I did give 10 days notice........

th'engineer
30-11-2003, 08:40
No call or text message yet - mind you I was told that it could take upto 48hours, which I guess equates to 2 working days. I didn't realise the move centre is closed, so it looks as if I'll be without access for sometime. Wonder if I'll receive a credit for the downtime, as I did give 10 days notice........If you get stuck is therre also adsl available in that area

pootle
30-11-2003, 16:20
If you get stuck is there also adsl available in that area
True, however I've been generally happy with the BB service (except the long outage last week and occasional slow email.. hmmm, maybe I should go adsl ;) ) and so I'm not ready to throw in the towel yet.

I'll put in a call again on Monday am to see if there are any updates. Why is it that all the other utilities can sort out a house move in one call (BT included who will have to do a completely new install for me) and yet NTL cannot?

pootle
01-12-2003, 09:19
Okay, so I've called customer solutions AGAIN. This time I'm being told that there is a 3-4 week backlog in my area. I am now getting seriously ****ed off with NTL now.

Can anyone who works in NTL help me PLEASE. My first call to CS was on 20th November and I still do not have a date for the reinstallation of my BB service.

:afire: :afire: :afire: :afire: :afire: :afire:

Neil
01-12-2003, 10:18
Okay, so I've called customer solutions AGAIN. This time I'm being told that there is a 3-4 week backlog in my area. I am now getting seriously ****ed off with NTL now.

Can anyone who works in NTL help me PLEASE. My first call to CS was on 20th November and I still do not have a date for the reinstallation of my BB service.

:afire: :afire: :afire: :afire: :afire: :afire:

PM me your postcode, & I'll put you in touch with the right person for your area.

pootle
01-12-2003, 17:13
PM me your postcode, & I'll put you in touch with the right person for your area.

Neil,

Thanks for the phone number - I've spoken to PS and I've now been given an install date of 11th Dec, with the promise of a call over the next 2 days with a possible date improvement.

I'll let you know how it goes.......

steved
05-12-2003, 10:55
well ive been trying to get hold of moving house services now for 2 days, after holding for 40 mins at a time my neck is now permanently stuck at an angle!

Im TRYING to cancel the engineer scheduled to come and disconnect and move me tomorrow! as my house sale has been delayed to the 15th. grrrr

edit..
OK JUST managed to get thru and cancel him and rearrange, Now i will be disconnected on the 15 with an install on the 17th/18th (as apparently it takes 2 weeks). Now i get told i will get a confirmation txt message to my mobile. When I ask will i? as i still havent got one from the last request and the response is.. oh yes.. but it does take 14 days for a txt message to be sent! WHAT! do they send it by carrier pigeon via spain for a nice holiday first???

LOL oh well at least i wont lose my connection tomorrow (I hope!) Oh and another minor gripe. why does the moving house website say call customer services on 08000522000 when when you FINALLY get through on that number they tell you call the 'moving home team' on 0800052147 and your back on hold again. WHY not put that on the move home website to start with!

STEVED

pootle
05-12-2003, 14:05
Well I'm back on line using BB although NTL haven't officially moved me yet! The old occupier had cable tv and I thought I'd try plugging my CM into the white box. :idea:

Hey presto back on line. :)

Hope that they don't act on the old occupiers disconnect request otherwise I'll go off line until my official move of service date which is currently 11th Dec.

pootle
11-12-2003, 18:24
okay, the engineer has been and gone and my service is now officially transferred.

Unfortunately I now have a 1.5' x 3' hole in my ceiling where the installer put his foot through. The supervisor was out pretty quick and we were supposed to receive a call from a builder by 17:00 today. So far nothing.

Why do I get the feeling that this one is going to run and run and run.......

Has anyone else had this experience and how long did it take to fix? Will my house be sorted before Christmas?

steved
19-12-2003, 15:05
well thought i would update on what my experience of the move was. Engineer turned up in the morning as per moving teams promise. (i recieved the txt message and letter the day before he arrived ). He tells my SO that since the house hasnt had cable before we'll have to arrange another appt to install to the house.. SO "nope. not acceptable. this is the install date. needs to be done today", Engineers checks and promises to be back in the afternoon. he turns up and does a great job very neat cabling plus i get a new cable modem to boot.

No feet go thru ceilings, no pipes are burst so :tu: to the engineer. Had to call CS to get the modem registered as i thought we need to run the CD setup, and i had no pin number. after the pin no doesnt work i'm thru to Tech's and pointed to the housemove register site and (after a loooong wait for the pages to get the details) i'm up and running. so all in all not as painful as i expected. I guess sometimes you expect the worst and when things go well you get pleasantly surpised :)

pootle
23-12-2003, 13:14
well thought i would update on what my experience of the move was. Engineer turned up in the morning as per moving teams promise. (i recieved the txt message and letter the day before he arrived ). He tells my SO that since the house hasnt had cable before we'll have to arrange another appt to install to the house.. SO "nope. not acceptable. this is the install date. needs to be done today", Engineers checks and promises to be back in the afternoon. he turns up and does a great job very neat cabling plus i get a new cable modem to boot.

No feet go thru ceilings, no pipes are burst so :tu: to the engineer. Had to call CS to get the modem registered as i thought we need to run the CD setup, and i had no pin number. after the pin no doesnt work i'm thru to Tech's and pointed to the housemove register site and (after a loooong wait for the pages to get the details) i'm up and running. so all in all not as painful as i expected. I guess sometimes you expect the worst and when things go well you get pleasantly surpised :)

Steved - glad you're all sorted. We now have a new ceiling, all freshly plastered with a promise of a further visit in the new year to paint it. It's been a lot easier to resolve than I expected, but this maybe due to the fact that I've not been dealing with NTL - the installer works for a sub-contractor to NTL and they've been very proactive in arranging builder etc.