PDA

View Full Version : Broadband down yet again!

Lew
27-11-2003, 09:05
This is really getting annoying now. I've had 3 engineer visits and a replacement SACM and my broadband connection (which NTL advertise as "Always connected") is down yet again! Every time the engineers visit they say that they can't find anything wrong with my connection, but there's obviously some sort of problem, as my CM is frequently losing its connection to NTL's network :afire:

I'm in Fleet, Hants using a silver 'ntl:home' SACM.

paulyoung666
27-11-2003, 09:10
This is really getting annoying now. I've had 3 engineer visits and a replacement SACM and my broadband connection (which NTL advertise as "Always connected") is down yet again! Every time the engineers visit they say that they can't find anything wrong with my connection, but there's obviously some sort of problem, as my CM is frequently losing its connection to NTL's network :afire:

ok here we go for the daft question , does it make any difference what the weather is doing ??????????? :erm:

Neil
27-11-2003, 09:14

PM me your postcode, & I'll let you have details of a contact for your region.

Lew
27-11-2003, 09:16
Nope. It's happend in hold & cold weather, wet and dry. I woke up this morning (cue blues music) and had no connection. It's happened quite a lot in the last several months, but unfortunately the topics discussing iit were over at the .com site. Sometimes the connection drops for a few minutes at a time, sometimes for over an hour.

paulyoung666
27-11-2003, 09:17
Nope. It's happend in hold & cold weather, wet and dry. I woke up this morning (cue blues music) and had no connection. It's happened quite a lot in the last several months, but unfortunately the topics discussing iit were over at the .com site. Sometimes the connection drops for a few minutes at a time, sometimes for over an hour.

usb or ethernet ????????????? :)

Lew
27-11-2003, 09:18
Ethernet, connected to an 802.11b base station (which is working fine. The lights on the CM show that the problem is between the CM and NTL)