PDA

View Full Version : Can 1 DECT share 2 phone lines ?

bluepippa
11-04-2006, 16:38
Hi.

I have two NTL lines into the house one for work and one for home. On both lines I have a dect phone (NTL 2002 and a BT Diverse 3010) Is it possible to get both phones to work either line with some sort of distinctive ring for which line was ringing.

ie I could have one phone in the office which would ring one way for the home line and one for the work line. The same would be the case for the home phone........

Just gettin fed up of carrying 2 phones around :Yikes:

Cheers
BP

Stuart
11-04-2006, 16:40
I have to admit, I don't know of such a system. It may still exist though.

Anyhow, :welcome: to the forum.

a good help
11-04-2006, 20:43
ionica, were the only folk to offer that sort of service, one line with 5 numbers, was good at the time, but i dont think you can do it with a normal land line, perhaps a small switch may do it(panasonic ones) no to sure though.

jumbo159
11-04-2006, 20:45
Sorry bluepippa, you can only have 1 line per phone with the devices you have there. :(

One option may be to put the line that gets the lighter use on call divert to the other. Program the handset with distinctive ring based on the caller display info (if that's available on your exchange.)
Trouble is that you will pay for the diverted calls. Again, not good news i'm afraid.

dragon
11-04-2006, 20:47
the only way could think of getting it to work unless both phones were able to switch bases, but even then you could only have one or the other but not both at the same time

simpsonsFAN
11-04-2006, 20:50
Hi.

I have two NTL lines into the house one for work and one for home. On both lines I have a dect phone (NTL 2002 and a BT Diverse 3010) Is it possible to get both phones to work either line with some sort of distinctive ring for which line was ringing.Each headset can only be paired to one base station at a time, so errrm, no. Sorry.

-Chris

mikey
11-04-2006, 22:06
I have a system at home called a 'Rabbit' cordless phone, originally released by Hutcherson-Orange more than 10 years ago. It does exactly what you require. You can answer any line from any phone and also make calls from any line.
Unfortunately I havn't found anything to replace them, which is why I put up with handsets the size of bricks.
Good luck on your quest!

Shaun
11-04-2006, 22:26
ionica, were the only folk to offer that sort of service, one line with 5 numbers, was good at the time, but i dont think you can do it with a normal land line, perhaps a small switch may do it(panasonic ones) no to sure though.

Freetalk also offer a service like this, I'm sure other VoIP companys do too.