PDA

View Full Version : Happy customer thread

Jamie
27-06-2003, 14:08
Digital tv with a shite interactive service that punters are scared of using:grind:

Internet service - Hotmail beats NTLs CRAP email service:grind:

Customer service - some great people who do their best in a world of shit.

Tec support - ditto above.

Products are shit. People are good.

zoombini
27-06-2003, 15:25
As you can see by the huge number of replies, there are not too many other "happy customers" about...LOL

david_w2k
27-06-2003, 15:33
Have to admit, never had a problem with any of my services from NTL. The only problem i've had is very occasional proxy issues (Winnersh), which are solved by changing proxy. My bb runs at full speed and pings at 10ms <10ms to UK addys

Roy MM
27-06-2003, 15:36
Some how i think this thread will be slow growing. :D

imback
27-06-2003, 15:42
I'm happy with my TV, BB and phone through NTL, but when I have had to call CS I have had hell of a time, but I think it is more to with NTL's systems and proceedures than the staff, the staff have always been helpfull, but sometimes are restricted to what they can do by rules and sstems.

Jamie
27-06-2003, 16:08
I'm happy with my phone - its a phone:rolleyes: What can go wrong with a phone:rolleyes: ;)

Ben
27-06-2003, 16:16
Happy with my BB now its working! :mad:

E-mail is just utter shite

Interactive is just not even there..press the button and have "please wait" for like 4 hours.. (seriously!)

th'engineer
27-06-2003, 16:18
Originally posted by Jamie
I'm happy with my phone - its a phone:rolleyes: What can go wrong with a phone:rolleyes: ;)

they could trap you cables in the cabinet wire it up wrong disconnect you by accident like they did with me once

Jules
27-06-2003, 16:21

Don't tempt fate :spin:

Interactive is just not even there..press the button and have "please wait" for like 4 hours.. (seriously!)

Mine is the same

Jamie
27-06-2003, 16:28
:idea:Forgot about the CRAP electronic program guide which works 1 in 10 times:rolleyes:

The channel numbers need to be sorted out too:p

grum1978
27-06-2003, 16:43
:idea:Forgot about the CRAP electronic program guide which works 1 in 10 times:rolleyes:

The channel numbers need to be sorted out too:p

If ntl sorted out the channel numbers sooo many people would ring in to complain it would be murder if you happened to work at ntl ;) :p

Shaun
27-06-2003, 17:06
Originally posted by grum1978
If ntl sorted out the channel numbers sooo many people would ring in to complain it would be murder if you happened to work at ntl ;) :p

[sarcasm on]Would it kill them to inform the customer of the change in advance, I mean it is an alien concept but, hay what the hell, they could be innovative................................. but then again![/sarcasm off]

:) :) :p

albone
27-06-2003, 17:11
yep generally I'm happy but I have had some god awfull problems in the past and nine times out of ten they are of the intermitant type that drive you distraction and the engineers are none the wiser as to why than we are. But I will give them their due all those I have had the pleasure of dealling with have been curtious and as helpfull as they can be.:cool:

imback
27-06-2003, 17:24

You could get billed for calls you never made every month like Bt use to do to me and say I must have dialled them, until I seen an article about the same thing on watchdog and pointed that out to them, then they decided it was a "hitch" in the system.

I had a lovely letter of apology and refund, so I replied with my own letter that said "I'm glad you finally believe me after you have called me a liar for 8 months, and yes the problem is now resolved becuase I am switching provider"

retep
27-06-2003, 20:49
I would like to say that I am HAPPY. I've got a good wife, a good home, a pretty good life (now that I'm retired. NTL may be crap to a lot of people but it's such a small part of my world that it don't matter a jot. If it doesn't work for a bit I just do something else.

Steve H
27-06-2003, 20:57
:rolleyes: Swear Filter stopped working?:rolleyes:

Not had a significant problem with NTL for 2 years, BB runs at full speed.. DTV works, Interactive pretty much works (Was good at wimbledon :p) Dont use the email - I never bothered to set it up, as I had a payed Yahoo account... Yeah, There's been Some outlets, but thats to be expected, everything doesnt always run smoothly.

dieselking
28-06-2003, 00:35
Originally posted by retep
I would like to say that I am HAPPY. I've got a good wife, a good home, a pretty good life (now that I'm retired. NTL may be crap to a lot of people but it's such a small part of my world that it don't matter a jot. If it doesn't work for a bit I just do something else.

WELL SAID DAD!!!!

(Reter is my Dad) :) :)

kronas
28-06-2003, 00:40
im a happy customer too 99% uptime in a few years on BB small problem with the email system was quicky rectified even bothered to spell the name of my town right on the server status page.........eventually :D :D :D

triplea
29-06-2003, 15:28
Can honestly say I've had very few problems with NTL (C&W)
Cable Modem Faulty last Thursday, Rang CS 14-00hrs, Tech. called at 15-35 Confirmed Duff Modem ( Didn't have a replacement with him)
Called Friday at 09-00hrs with rep. up and running again at 09-30
Spot-On Service....:D :D :D

Ryan
30-06-2003, 17:28
I was so disgusted with the TV I got rid of it, phoned Customer Sevices, told them how crap it was AND told them (In a proud sorta way) how I would be getting Sky. And Sky is much better!
Whats more they charged me for their TV upto 3 Months after I got rid of it!!! On the 4th month I refused to pay and the nearly had to take me into court!!! Until the realised what they were doing!!!! I swear this is TRUE!!!!!!

timewarrior2001
30-06-2003, 17:36
with the exception of settling a bill in full via credit card and being cut off the next day over 68pence I have had very little problems, well once I told them exactly where they could put their £70 re-connection fee.

On the other hand one of my mates cannot get NTL to take money off him, he gets threatened with court action every month, he resigns DD mandates every month and not once has NTL been able to take any money from him via DD.

Ramrod
30-06-2003, 18:05
Phone, tv and 1meg bb. I wish the red button worked and that tech support wasn't hit and miss. Otherwise I'm happy with it all, especially the bb:)

Mal
30-06-2003, 19:19
Perfectly happy with the dtv, never use the interactive (is there & works) so thats not a problem, but the email is crap, but again don't use, I use yahooooooo. Phone works, but only used that when I had a dial-up connection. The only problem I've had was when the operative failed to enable the stb when I got broadband.

Stephen Robb
09-07-2003, 02:42
Funny this! I've been looking at various posts similar to this on both .com and .co.uk and have looked at the locations where you are. Most of you seem to be in the North, London and the West. It appears from this is, that in Reading we seldom get any trouble in this area, and especially me living in the town centre. I have all 3 services, BB, digital TV and the phone.

Crypto
09-07-2003, 08:27
Phoned CS yesterday to cancell itemised billing on my phone bill, settled down with a beer and a book and nearly fell off my chair when they answered first ring :eek:

DTV is fine, broadband great (bit busy between 6 and 10PM) E-Mail could do with sorting though.

I'm happy :) :) :)

Cheers

Crypto :beer:

dingosar
10-07-2003, 00:25
I am Happy with my 1 meg BB connection , only had a few small problems and they were sorted quite quickly

NTL 1Meg............. Rocks :Peace:

peterska2
10-07-2003, 00:29
ntl dial up - the best ISP ever IMO :D