PDA

View Full Version : *Scary* Did anyone else see this........

Chimaera
26-11-2003, 23:58
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3236294.stm

A TV programme tonight on BBC 1 about parasites - I'm just watching the video I recorded and it's GROSS! :puke:

Its amazing what can live in the human body too! :yikes:

Maggy
27-11-2003, 00:04

A TV programme tonight on BBC 1 about parasites - I'm just watching the video I recorded and it's GROSS! :puke:

I like shows like that.But then I did A-level Zoology. :)

Incog.

Ramrod
27-11-2003, 00:07
After a dose of anti-worm pill Mike passed out an intact, six foot long tapeworm My dad told me he did that once as a boy in Latvia...:sick:

carlingman
27-11-2003, 00:25

For once a very well put together program from the BBC.

Enjoyed it very much although my Partner was a bit bemused how I was eating while watching this as she left the room after seeing the maggot being pulled out the womans head with her hand over her mouth quickly heading in the direction of the nearest bathroom to :sick:

:)

Paul
27-11-2003, 00:46
Yes, I watched this and the previous programmes as well (there were more maggots in the Animal Hospital). Perhaps today is world maggot day ! :D

dieselking
27-11-2003, 01:04
I saw this programme advertised & made sure that I did miss it. I hate watching stuff like thst lol :sick:

ZrByte
27-11-2003, 03:04
Im supprised Tape worms havent been herralded as the ultimate Diet Accessory, According to that Man who did the experiment he could tell it was there but he wasnt really in any discomfort, he also commented on how it was helping him lose weight brilliantly.
:sick: .......though im still supprised the americans havent thought of it yet.

Xaccers
27-11-2003, 06:42
Argh I missed it :(

Incidently, if you want a tapeworm, eat minced beef uncooked
Remember, beef tapeworm is one of the few that is "human safe"

Imagine passing something 6 foot long? You'd be on the bog for ages!

homealone
27-11-2003, 09:14
can't wait till next weeks episode;) Didn't you all feel sorry for the little lad with his bucket of worms. :disturbd:

Stuart
27-11-2003, 13:54
I thought it was brilliant. I was shocked at the size of that tapeworm though...

zoombini
27-11-2003, 14:10
It was an excellent program.
The wife left the room in disgust though, she had just sat down to eat her tea..lol

Is it on next week too? I think it may be..

david_w2k
27-11-2003, 14:17
My younger brother was watching it... yuk!

Ramrod
27-11-2003, 14:23
Im supprised Tape worms havent been herralded as the ultimate Diet Accessory, According to that Man who did the experiment he could tell it was there but he wasnt really in any discomfort, he also commented on how it was helping him lose weight brilliantly.
:sick: .......though im still supprised the americans havent thought of it yet.They have:D