PDA

View Full Version : Second Box

chris_mc_1266
05-04-2006, 22:24
Hi Again,
when i fist upgraded from annologue to digital i got a seccond box put in to my sons room, but because his standard grades are coming up i decided to get it disconected to encourage him to study. when i called back last week to ask what is the min notice i have to give to get it reconnected they told me that i would need a new box with an engeneer visit:td:

is this true... if so why :mad: :mad: :mad:

Fingy
05-04-2006, 22:26
When you disconnect the box it should be arranged for someone to call around and collect it. Therefore you would need an engineer out to install a new one.

chris_mc_1266
06-04-2006, 19:22
;) yes but when i got it disconnected the adviser put a note on the account that it would be gettin reconnected in about a month. she said it would there for not be picked up :)

PS1
06-04-2006, 19:29
In theory there is no need for an engineer to call but it is usually NTLs policy to send one in order to relay the convertor number back and to check signal levels thus insureing you recieve the quality of service being paid for!:tu:

monkey2468
06-04-2006, 19:45
Sneding a tech seems un-nessessary. Customer services should be able to have the STB re-provisioned onto your account. All they need is your account number, STB number, smartcard number.