PDA

View Full Version : FAO: NTL Staff

Jon M
26-11-2003, 10:30
Any idea what these changes might be? :

(from the server status page)
ntl Home - Limited Technical Support
As part of our commitment to provide you with an excellent standard of service, from Sunday 30th November to Tuesday 2nd December weâ₠¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢re making some improvements to our systems.

During this time you will be unable to make changes to your Internet service, however you will still be able to send and receive emails, surf the web and upload to your webspace.

Our Internet support centres will have no access to their systems during this period, normal service will be restored on the morning of 3rd December.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

cheers in advance,

Jon

Florence
26-11-2003, 10:34
sounds like new networks being fitted. Bet its on a need to know basis so most staff will not know.

grum1978
26-11-2003, 10:35

cheers in advance,

Jon

Yep :D

Marge
26-11-2003, 10:35
They are doing maintenance on one of the systems so no access for staff to change speeds, email addys etc

Jon M
26-11-2003, 11:03
Yep :D
how helpful
now we know why you're an "ex-mod" .. ;) :nono: :p

grum1978
26-11-2003, 11:06
how helpful
now we know why you're an "ex-mod" .. ;) :nono: :p

lol...Do you have digital tv with ntl?

If so ntl are actually moving your account from the old database it uses to a new one and you will get a brand new acc number and new look bill. This is only for customers in the south region at the moment.

Hope you find that a bit more helpful ;)

Jon M
26-11-2003, 11:13
cheers :D
no ..at the moment i'm purely telephone/cable internet, would that include me?

grum1978
26-11-2003, 11:44
cheers :D
no ..at the moment i'm purely telephone/cable internet, would that include me?

your cable internet is already billed on the new database...telephone will be soon...

Jonathan David
26-11-2003, 23:06
Does this mean, dare i say it.....One bill for television/broadband and telephone?????????????

:eeek:

Pieman
26-11-2003, 23:57
lol...Do you have digital tv with ntl?

If so ntl are actually moving your account from the old database it uses to a new one and you will get a brand new acc number and new look bill. This is only for customers in the south region at the moment.

Hope you find that a bit more helpful ;)

Is that the same new look bill we started reciving three months ago???? Or is it a new one - that seems a strange waste of money (i.e. the change 3 months ago......)

Pritch
27-11-2003, 00:04
I'd like to refer you (for refer, read "can't remember exact wording, so can't search") to an earlier thread that mentioned having 28 different customer management systems.

There 28 different systems were aquired from the many companies bought out over the years by NTL, so having this many gets a bit hectic, the outage is a result of trying to shift everything onto one system.

Mark W
27-11-2003, 00:14
I'd like to refer you (for refer, read "can't remember exact wording, so can't search") to an earlier thread that mentioned having 28 different customer management systems.

There 28 different systems were aquired from the many companies bought out over the years by NTL, so having this many gets a bit hectic, the outage is a result of trying to shift everything onto one system.

interestingly the new system is called Harmony

homealone
27-11-2003, 00:24

no problems here atm - ex Diamond Cable, BB & SM1 are billed together, phone(s) & Analogue tv(s) are on the same bill - seems it is when you "go digital" on the tv that the problems start?

Stuart
27-11-2003, 00:32
And what's the betting that it's introduction will be nothing like Harmonious...

homealone
27-11-2003, 00:39
And what's the betting that it's introduction will be nothing like Harmonious...

Blues harp - choose a key - A, cos e gets caught in search engines;)

NtlRebelReborn
27-11-2003, 07:28

Careful Mark. NTL trade secrets. :p

BBKing
27-11-2003, 08:57
It's just the South region DAVIC (Langley) platform going Harmony isn't it (initially)? Shouldn't affect STB broadband, oddly, but I could be wrong (different system y'see).

Stuart
27-11-2003, 09:29
Maybe a smilie first posted by Kink would be apt..

Download Failed (1)

JohnM
27-11-2003, 09:51
Well, AFAIK, freedom customers have already been on the new system for quite some time now.

If the e-bill you get with freedom is anything similar to the actual paper bill we'll eventually get for cable... I dont want it thankyou. My cabletel bill is much easier to understand, although it does bill some things a little strangely..

Oh well, suppose it wont happen until 2008 anyway :/

nate
01-12-2003, 01:18

The harmony system has been around for while, it consists of a lot of different databases.
Internet uses one, whilst telephone uses another, and TV uses another.
This harmony upgrade is going to bring Internet (both dialup and langley broadband) and digital (not analog) TV together, so they will be probably billed together.

ntltech32
03-12-2003, 22:42
Just goes to show, after all the upgrades ntl still had problems today with registration of sacm's and stb's as sabs was down all morning!!! heheh!! so all this was for nothing in ways!!! its just as bad as the old system.

Mr.Moony
03-12-2003, 23:10
Just goes to show, after all the upgrades ntl still had problems today with registration of sacm's and stb's as sabs was down all morning!!! heheh!! so all this was for nothing in ways!!! its just as bad as the old system.

The idea is to bring all the systems together. It wasnt for 'nothing' because what your trying to imply is what they were not trying to acheive.

th'engineer
06-12-2003, 05:42
shows you what a good system bromley has it allready has them billed together

SweetFA
16-12-2003, 12:08
the changes they were making were an upgrade to the database used for finding customers records...

....but the majority of you guys know this by now!

poolking
16-12-2003, 12:18
Why do we have seperate accounts for TV/Phone/Broadband on langley?

When I thought it would be far simpler, to lump everything under 1 account and just send one bill out?

Frank
16-12-2003, 12:28
Why do we have seperate accounts for TV/Phone/Broadband on langley?Because of the history of ntl...lots of different companies bought by Mr Knapp on a spending spree. A bit like Supermarket Sweep.

poolking
16-12-2003, 14:48
So any plans in the pipeline to clean this up?

Sociable
16-12-2003, 14:55
So any plans in the pipeline to clean this up?

Probably more likely to get worse before it gets better given the possible merger with telewest.

I'm lucky to be in an area that already gets a combined bill and can even view it on-line, but I know it must be a pain for those that are not. :(

Frank
16-12-2003, 16:36
So any plans in the pipeline to clean this up?Er...Harmony? As referred to above.

poolking
16-12-2003, 20:58
Er...Harmony? As referred to above.
My glasses must be steamed up. Which post no? :blush:

Sociable
16-12-2003, 21:13
My glasses must be steamed up. Which post no? :blush:

Try 20 :)

MadGamer
19-12-2003, 14:44