PDA

View Full Version : North London install

techguy
03-04-2006, 12:25
I have a friend living in Hendon who is trying to get ntl. Right outside his home ntl contractors dug a space for a 'catv' labeled thing in the ground last summer. Only thing was a cable from the street cab which is just 2 doors away, was never pulled through to it (ducting is there).

NTL say his address isn't on the system so they can't do anything even though neighbours have it.

Can anything be done in this case? I remember reading a similar case on digitalspy where a telewest customer had the same sort of trouble but in the end they sorted it.

Can anyone advise as to who to contact? postcode is NW4 4RX

Stuart
03-04-2006, 12:29
:welcome: to the forum.

Is your friend in rented accomodation? If so, NTL would need to seek the permission of the Landlord before running the cable to the house.

Chris W
03-04-2006, 18:33
:welcome:

I had a very similar problem in Hendon... NW4 3RP.... the ducting was damaged under the road so after numerous inspections, construction crews, install techs, install supervisors, the conclusion---- gunna cost too much money for just 1 customer... so didn't get any service in the end.

Ask for a survey to be done to see if install is possible, and then cross fingers, toes, everything and hope!

techguy
03-04-2006, 20:29
:welcome: to the forum.

Is your friend in rented accomodation? If so, NTL would need to seek the permission of the Landlord before running the cable to the house.

Hi, he owns the house. Last summer they dug a hole in front of his driveway to put ducting in place as it wasn;t there before.. but the cabling wasn;t run through at this time... he asked them what they were doing.. and they said they would need to come back to finish their work off... but they didn;t. He then attempted to order the service anyway, but sales said his address isn't serviceable.

spike7451
08-04-2006, 16:16
If there is a number on the cabinet (eg-BCG 1234) give them thatThat number identifies the cabinets position on the network.