PDA

View Full Version : Switching back to BT, with an NTL number?

philyau
02-04-2006, 14:55
Hi,
We have ntl BB 2mb, and ntl phoneline. We are now thinking about moving back to BT, but we have an Ntl phone number that we wish to keep.

can this be done or not, as we wish to keep our number.

thanks

phil

btw, in the north west area, and also search the forums, but cant find a recent thread on this.

Marge
02-04-2006, 14:58
Shouldn't be a problem, if you speak to BT they can arrange the transfer for you, it will take about 7-10 days for the number port to go through

philyau
02-04-2006, 15:01
so it is now possible to switch numbers then. coz from previous threads heard it was possible due to ntl's software with bts software.

Derek
02-04-2006, 15:05
so it is now possible to switch numbers then. coz from previous threads heard it was possible due to ntl's software with bts software.

Its always been possible to switch numbers between Ntl/BT in the same property. The only problem is if you are moving house at the same time.

philyau
02-04-2006, 15:07
ok cheers lads...thanks for the info, looks like full steam ahead bt now......

cheers

phil

Graham M
02-04-2006, 16:01
ok cheers lads...thanks for the info, looks like full steam ahead bt now......

cheers

phil

Lads and Lasses! Don't forget Marge! :D

les_rly
29-04-2006, 08:23
Hi, just reading your post, i decided to change back to BT & went ahead on 11/4/06, they tried to take my NTL number from them, even contacted them to which they aggreed for it to be ported over, they tried again but was refused, i opted for a new number in the end.
I hope i don't have problems cancelling with them, i have read elsewhere they are pains to get rid of & ignore your letters & phone calls.

Les

Florence
29-04-2006, 15:58
Hi,
We have ntl BB 2mb, and ntl phoneline. We are now thinking about moving back to BT, but we have an Ntl phone number that we wish to keep.

thanks

phil

btw, in the north west area, and also search the forums, but cant find a recent thread on this.

I spoke to BT the other day it is possible to port over the phone number but you have to let BT do it. If you cancel with NTL they number will not be live for BT to port over. I was told BT will contact NTL and arrange the port over and cancelation of the NTL line.

Paul K
01-05-2006, 11:01
It can definately be done but I think it depends if your number was a BT one to begin with. We have just ported ours back onto BT from NTL due to their "coming soon" campaign with caller ID on our line.

les_rly
04-05-2006, 19:04
I spoke to BT the other day it is possible to port over the phone number but you have to let BT do it. If you cancel with NTL they number will not be live for BT to port over. I was told BT will contact NTL and arrange the port over and cancelation of the NTL line.

hi ya, it was BT who tried to port the number over for me, i waited on the phone about 15 mins whilst the operator was speaking to NTL, she was told she could take it, but when she tried again, she was refused, still with a new number, it means a few people who i don't want to have it won't, lol

Cheers,
Les

Chris W
04-05-2006, 19:57
It can definately be done but I think it depends if your number was a BT one to begin with. We have just ported ours back onto BT from NTL due to their "coming soon" campaign with caller ID on our line.

Better change your services in your profile then ;)

tridens
25-06-2006, 12:19
I transfered from NTL to BT took my number with me no problem

---------- Post added at 12:19 ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 ----------

it was a NTL number origionaly

Mj06
19-12-2006, 16:40
I have a business Telewest Centrex and want to move back to BT, but want to keep all my DDI numbers, including a separate fax number wich is part of the DDI range. I have been told this isnt possible?

Does anybody know if this can be done?

Thanks

MJ:confused:

arcamalpha2004
23-12-2006, 23:11
Hi,

thanks

phil

I for one have done it no prob, kept the old NTL number.