PDA

View Full Version : help!

over2ubob
01-04-2006, 10:18
Hello people. have a bit of a problem. i have just moved into a new house, with a sat dish installed. i called sky to get a sky subscription. they informed me that there already is an active subscription at thei address. the previous owners have not cancelled it. they left the box and dish here but no viewing card. so sky will not give me a subscription.
So i was thinking about getting a friend to get a second box for his house and using it here. will this work or is there anything else i could possibly do.
Any help on this would be greatly apreciated.

Graham M
01-04-2006, 10:20
It will not work as part of the Sky Multiroom package you have to have the box plugged into the phone line (or itll stop working - afaik) and Sky Check on where it is by having it dial-out (but not answered) and having the phone number checked every once in a while.

over2ubob
01-04-2006, 11:01
great. i can't find out where the previous owners live, so can't get them ot cancel their sub scription. the sky people were unable to offer any advise. I'm at a lose at what to do. got kids here screaming for sky and no idea how to rectify this problem.

---------- Post added at 09:46 ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 ----------

---------- Post added at 09:59 ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 ----------

---------- Post added at 10:00 ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 ----------

is there anyway i can get the viewing card for this address. or has anyone any ideas how i can get sky into my address.

---------- Post added at 10:01 ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 ----------

can anyone point me in the right dirrection to rectify this problem. thanks

spike7451
03-04-2006, 18:50
Hello people. have a bit of a problem. i have just moved into a new house, with a sat dish installed. i called sky to get a sky subscription. they informed me that there already is an active subscription at thei address. the previous owners have not cancelled it. they left the box and dish here but no viewing card. so sky will not give me a subscription.
So i was thinking about getting a friend to get a second box for his house and using it here. will this work or is there anything else i could possibly do.
Any help on this would be greatly apreciated.

Getting a friend to get a second box wont work.Both box's have to be connected to the same telco line with in & out calling.All that'll happen is Sky will bill your friend FULL PRICE for the second box.
Here's what you do- Get a letter off your estate agent/landlord stating that you are the new owners/tenants.
Send that in to Sky & they should be able to install as the letter proves that you are the new occupiers. Your estate agent/landlord should have a forwarding address for the old occupiers so get them to write to them & ask them to contact Sky & cancell.Mind you,If they are moving home & wanting Sky in their new address they'll need the box they left behind as Sky wont give them a new box!(well,they will but it'll cost them £65 for a new box AND £40 for the moving home!)

Chris W
03-04-2006, 19:32
surely the old tenants won't pay sky for the subscription now they have moved... and soon enough sky will cancel the account.

When this happens won't you be able to place an order?

Stuart
03-04-2006, 19:34
Won't sky try and send the bailiffs in first?

spike7451
03-04-2006, 20:45
That's another reason to get a letter of ownership/tenancy to prove
you are the new occupants.All Sky'll do as well is blacklist the address.

twilks01
23-04-2006, 20:56
tricky one indeed. Give this lot a call, they've got me out of more than a few digital holes in the past couple of years

www.dastv.co.uk (http://www.dastv.co.uk)