PDA

View Full Version : Domain name problems.

Rattic
25-11-2003, 15:41
Hi, Im not sure if this is a problem with NTL or not. But I purchased my first domain name about a month ago (www.rattic.co.uk) and whilst i have viewers from all over the world who can acces my site. When I visit it, occasionally it displays, but more often than not I get a message saying 'This page cannot be displayed'.

I've contacted the people who I puchased the domain with, who said I should speak to my web host. I spoke to my web host and they said it sounded like my ISP has not propogated yet. However, everywhere I've read says the site should have propogated in a week. Its now been a month :s

As I said, im not sure if its a problem with NTL or not? any1 able to help me plz?

Cheers
Dave

Ben
25-11-2003, 15:46
Hi,

You might find this is ntl's DNS servers playing up.

You could try changing the proxy your going though

How to change your proxy here (http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robin.d.h.walker/cmtips/trancache.html#iew)

List of proxy's here (http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robin.d.h.walker/cmtips/trancache.html#ntl)

Rattic
25-11-2003, 15:56
Well, its working now and it wasnt moments ago! So hopefully it will continue to work.

THANKYOU!! :D

Edit: Although does that mean that some local people will still not be able to view my site, unless they change their proxy too?

Ben
25-11-2003, 16:07
Well, its working now and it wasnt moments ago! So hopefully it will continue to work.

THANKYOU!! :D

Edit: Although does that mean that some local people will still not be able to view my site, unless they change their proxy too?

Hi,

It is possible local people in your area might have the same issue. You might also find it will clear itself up sooner or later.

ntl's proxys suck - simple :rolleyes:

Rattic
25-11-2003, 16:11
Thankyou very much Ben, I've been trying to figure out this problem for a while now, its good to finally have it sorted :)

allanprg
25-11-2003, 17:58
The DN servers are up the shute again. I'm now on dialup while waiting for the broadband to come alive. This is according to NTL's service site at 4.30pm. Hope I don't have to wait long. This using dial up connection is frustratingly slow. :afire: :afire: :afire: :afire:

deadite66
26-11-2003, 06:51
change the DNS servers to someone else's.
luckly managed to connect to icq then asked a friend to post me his zen internet dns servers.
changed them over and i was away again.