PDA

View Full Version : Second room

cglittle
25-03-2006, 20:06
I have telewest cable TV and blueyonder broadband internet in another room. I would like to split the cable modem cable and feed another set top box.

1. Is it possible?
2. Which splitter do i need?

Thnx in advance

Graham M
25-03-2006, 20:16
There is no way to do this (legally) other than to pay a second subscription and get Telewest to install it.

cglittle
25-03-2006, 20:37
Ooooo-kay
Let me rephrase the question.

I would like to MOVE my existing set top box to the other room.... and since the modem is already there, can i split the cable?

What i'm really asking is which splitter do i purchase? I've seen ones for 1GHz and 2.25GHz. Which one is suitable for Telewest?

Graham M
25-03-2006, 21:17
:welcome: to CF!

You didn't say that, you said ANOTHER set top box :)

You *CAN* split the cable, but doing so improperly can introduce interference onto the network and you will be billed for any problems caused and they may cut off service. Probably safer (and possibly cheaper) to ask Telewest to do it, or ask a nice Engineer you see driving down your street :)

handyman
25-03-2006, 22:11
I have the correct splitter ( Well I assume correct it is from a ntl cable setup)

You can have it for a couple of quid (its a weighty item to post :) )

mphutchy
14-04-2006, 20:26
I need one of those splitters Handyman!! I used to have one, but I removed it when we moved to Sky. Still have the ntl subscription and was thinking of putting the box in my daughters room with just the basic package. I have ntl broadban, but need the splitter to feed the Pace box we have.

Any chance you can point me in the right direction to buy it??

thx