PDA

View Full Version : Returning to NTL

ricardolobomore
22-03-2006, 17:45
Hey guys,

I have just moved into an NTL enabled street and my flat has all the connections for NTL - I called them and they are coming to install it on Friday afternoon.

I initially wanted just the base pack but they are upgrading me for free for 1 month to the family pack.

I've a few questions:

Where can I find a complete list of channels on both packages?
What will my billing date be (bearing in mind they are installing it on the 24th March and I signed the "deal" on the 22nd March) and will I be billed more for the first month in terms of paying in advance?
What has changed since the last time I've been with them (6 months ago)
When should I phone to cancel the free upgrade?
Cheers,

Rick.

Chris W
22-03-2006, 18:46
1) http://www.home.ntl.com/page/packagecomparechannels

2) not sure on the date, but you are billed in advance

3) do you just have cable tv or bb too? BB speeds have gone up, 1 and 2 meg are now unlimited, In terms of TV- VOD is available in more areas, and there *may* have been a software update, but i can't remember whether that was more/ less than six months ago

4) again, not sure, but i would say at the end of the first month.

UncleBooBoo
22-03-2006, 22:06
Already had an answer on digital spy anyway!

perfect-bliss
30-03-2006, 04:19
your bill should be produced from the day of installation (24th). So when you get it, itll show 24th March - 23rd April - Isnt always as straight forward as that tho coz you may get problems with the install? lol

In order to downgrade from the fam pack to the base, call 30 days from point of install, coz thats when u should be billed from. If you check the bill too, you will see that there is a credit for £8.50 fam pack, and itll show the date that the credit runs from and to, so whatever the date is that the offer ends, thats the day u wanna call in.

The offer is also misleading. They say 'Free Fam pack 1 month'. What that means is you received fam pack channels at base pack price. So you will still get a charge for DTV but only base pack

---------- Post added at 04:19 ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 ----------

oh, and with regards to paying the first month in advance: as long as you bill is produced on the date of install, then you should receive it about 5 workin days later. Customers often think 'why have i got a bill when i only had it installed a few days ago'. Reason being that first bill will be for the month ahead. Call charges are always in arrears as well. So the first bill will have no call charges obv, the second bill will have call charges goin from the date of install 24th march - 23rd april, but actual bill date would be 24th april

Fingy
30-03-2006, 07:22
your bill should be produced from the day of installation (24th). So when you get it, itll show 24th March - 23rd April - Isnt always as straight forward as that tho coz you may get problems with the install? lol

---------- Post added at 04:19 ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 ----------

oh, and with regards to paying the first month in advance: as long as you bill is produced on the date of install, then you should receive it about 5 workin days later. Customers often think 'why have i got a bill when i only had it installed a few days ago'. Reason being that first bill will be for the month ahead. Call charges are always in arrears as well. So the first bill will have no call charges obv, the second bill will have call charges goin from the date of install 24th march - 23rd april, but actual bill date would be 24th april

Sorry to nit pick, but... the billing date will not necessarily be the installation date, that is mis-leading, you could be put on to any of the billing cycles, I believe there are approx. 6.

I believe it is possible however to contact customer care and request to be changed to a different billing cycle if your direct debit date doesn't work for you, its not 100% guaranteed they will be able to do it but they will try.

HTH

perfect-bliss
30-03-2006, 11:01
Calling to CHANGE a billing cycle date is definitly not a process that we follow. Not on the system i use anyway. And also with the system i use, almost always the customer will have a bill produced on the day of install, unless they have previous services with NTL and are adding to their package; in which case, they would be billed from point of install, up to the next bill date plus 1 month in advance

chrisjones
30-03-2006, 13:00
Sorry but are you mad?? Either that or you enjoy a good challenge.

Seriously tho, hope your stay with NTL is trouble free.

XTStrike
21-04-2006, 03:44
Seriously tho, hope your stay with NTL is trouble free.

Shouldnt be too much trouble unless you A) contact indian technical support that dont speak english B) ever try to leave, because you might be trying for a long time to leave as mine and many other experiences show!

perfect-bliss
21-04-2006, 12:09
there is actually a TSB call centre in Swansea. Dunno what the odds of gettin through to there are tho lol But thought u mite like to know. Cant garauntee tho there wont be any inidians hired by NTL there

Pinkypants
22-04-2006, 20:23
there is actually a TSB call centre in Swansea. Dunno what the odds of gettin through to there are tho lol But thought u mite like to know. Cant garauntee tho there wont be any inidians hired by NTL there

As far as Im aware BB TS in Swansea are 2nd line only although they may take some 1st level faults too.