PDA

View Full Version : Phone not working

animal6
21-03-2006, 11:59
Hiya

This past Saturday afternoon I used my landline without any problems whatsoever. Later in the afternoon I picked up the handset and could hear nothing at all. If I ring my landline from a mobile, another house you can hear the ringing over the phone you are calling from but none of my handsets do a thing. I have tryed other handsets and my one other extension and still the same. I even tryed phoning from a mobile and while it is ringing out on the sending handset and I pick up my handset the phone is still ringing on the phone I am calling out from. I'm nearly sure I will need a tech to call but I'm wondering if I will need to be at home - could the problem be in the cabinet?

Any help would be appreciated - I really don't want to take a day off work if I don't have to

Paul K
21-03-2006, 17:07
NBR could be a fault with the phone or line, did you disconnect everything from your phone line before checking a phone (corded if possible) in the first socket on the line as it comes into your house?
If you try that and still no bell ring then it's more than likely a call out.

animal6
22-03-2006, 08:46
Yes I've tried 2 different phones in my 2 extensions but no joy. Thanks for your help

Paul K
22-03-2006, 08:54
Make sure you tell them that, as long as you tried the phones one at a time against the sockets with nothing else plugged in and can prove the phones work elsewhere then it should speed the call up.

animal6
22-03-2006, 09:27
I rang yesterday and the engineer is due to call tomorrow afternoon. Fingers crossed this goes ahead as planned as I have booked a half day off work to get this sorted