PDA

View Full Version : Ip

Nos
23-11-2003, 22:27
any body got any iders how i can lock my ntl ip to stop it from changeing it changes every 24 hours ? :shrug:

philip.j.fry
23-11-2003, 22:42
any body got any iders how i can lock my ntl ip to stop it from changeing it changes every 24 hours ? :shrug:

You can't, the best you can do is keep your pc on (or buy a hardware router), that should stop it changing unless you get disconnected.

Mark W
23-11-2003, 22:44

Are you a dial-up customer? if you are a broadband one you should realistically keep yours for some time - i have had the same one ever since i moved house :)

like philip says - make sure you keep your STB or cable modem, pc always on and its shouldnt change very often at all

kronas
23-11-2003, 22:48
if you are a broadband one you should realistically keep yours for some time - i have had the same one ever since i moved house :)

yes i have kept mine for a while now the last time it changed was due to some downtime on my pc but having the pc on for long amounts of time keeps your ip

Nos
24-11-2003, 14:47
thanks iam on bb i havent tried keeping the pc on.
The lease for the ip is for24 hours it say's. What i want to do is run a server to host a web site and if i can set it up a forum for work. thanks! :)

handyman
24-11-2003, 14:58
thanks iam on bb i havent tried keeping the pc on.
The lease for the ip is for24 hours it say's. What i want to do is run a server to host a web site and if i can set it up a forum for work. thanks! :)

Try a ip forwarding service (http://www.noip.com)

Or you could contact KingPhoenix on this site as he does discounted packages for nthw users. You can have a sql dbase and 100 meg space for 99p per month.
CS from him is excellent and the service works a treat.

Nos
24-11-2003, 15:24
thanks handy man had a look at that hosting service looks very good will contact them :tu:

Rough.D
24-11-2003, 23:15
Must admit what KingPhoenix is offering is very good and I have not heard or read a bad thing about the service.

So I too am thinking of taking him up on one of his services.

MadGamer
25-11-2003, 21:18
Must admit what KingPhoenix is offering is very good and I have not heard or read a bad thing about the service.

So I too am thinking of taking him up on one of his services. 99p ill go for that then. But does he just do a forum package cos i have a website already. CLICK HERE (http://www.nicka.demon.co.uk) and im proud of it even if some members say it is a little dull. (Joke lol :p )