PDA

View Full Version : VERY slow access between 5pm and 7pm

NiteFly
10-03-2006, 18:04
Hi, I live in Cleveland and have the 10mbit service. Over the last week or so, I have noticed that my connection is VERY slow between the above times (so slow in fact, 99% of web pages will not load).
I know this is peak time, but surely these speeds are not good. I have done numerous speed tests and the maximum I reach is ~20Kbps.
Would changing the proxie help me at all and if so, what do you recomend I use?

Please help as this is driving me mad (its the 8th time I have attempted to post this thread, the previous 7 thimed out..)

TIA

liaison
10-03-2006, 18:28
Hi, I live in Cleveland and have the 10mbit service. Over the last week or so, I have noticed that my connection is VERY slow between the above times (so slow in fact, 99% of web pages will not load).
I know this is peak time, but surely these speeds are not good. I have done numerous speed tests and the maximum I reach is ~20Kbps.
Would changing the proxie help me at all and if so, what do you recomend I use?

Please help as this is driving me mad (its the 8th time I have attempted to post this thread, the previous 7 thimed out..)

TIA

Hi there, i'm experiencing the same as you've reported!! :Yikes: it been like this all week. i'm currently getting 15kbps download speed and on 10mb thats ridiculous! is there anyway to speed it up??

Rone
10-03-2006, 18:36
Welcome to my world. :(
I'm not in your area, but its a very similar problem, to which it seems i am never going to get an answer to.
Hours with tech support has revealed there is a problem, but all they wanted to do was give me another modem to add to the pile i already have.

Chrysalis
10-03-2006, 21:56
funnily enough ntl told me peak time is 7-8pm but I find its more like 10pm.

NiteFly
13-03-2006, 17:00
Well , this is still an ongoing problem for me. Over the weekend and all day today (Mon) I have had what I would say was no internet at all (a max dl of 1k)
As you can imagine, This is starting to get on my nerves. I am unable to phone CS as I have no home phone (they say I NEED to be at the computer), and it would be to pricey from a mobile.

Please help, this is driving me nuts ...

grubbymitts
14-03-2006, 06:58
Welcome to the world of Traffic Shaping that, officially, doesn't exist. If you want to complain about this new NTL service then the person in charge of all this is one Mr E. Presley who currently resides on the moon. ;)

Bill C
14-03-2006, 08:52
For me the slow down is normally from 6.00pm till midnight. However at the moment its 24 hours :mad:

There is work going to be down at the end of the month on my UBR, Lets see if that fixes it.

Rone
14-03-2006, 12:01
They can replace the ubr, xyz, or anything they fancy, i'm off by about april 9th.
Shame they ever had to screw around with my 3meg, which was about as perfect as you can get for broadband. :(.

NiteFly
14-03-2006, 12:20
Bill C : Yes, It is 24 hrs for me as well now, since last Friday in fact. I read on the Service Status page that work is supose to be happening near me, but it states between Midnight and 6am.
This is getting beyond a joke, especialy as CS will not entertain my call as I ring from round my parents house and they seem unwilling to call me back on my Mobile.

Can we PLEASE have an official (or semi-official) word on what exactly is causing this problem ?

rockabillybass
14-03-2006, 18:32
Very poor service in Newport, South Wales at the moment.

Web pages not loading, server not found messages. Even had difficulty getting to NTL's mail servers.

Anyone else got this ?

KevAmiga
14-03-2006, 18:53
You on 10mb as well rockabillybass?

rockabillybass
14-03-2006, 19:36
I'm on 1 Mb which is usually fine for my needs. I've been with NTL for years. I Hardly ever get a problem to be fair, but the past week has been really slow.