PDA

View Full Version : Vote for your sports personality of the year

yesman
22-11-2003, 23:24
On a day when maybe some of you are completely taken in by the days events, take some time out to vote for the person who you think will take this years accolade of "Sports Personality of the Year"

Steve H
22-11-2003, 23:29
'Wilko's gotta have it :D He's finally brought a world cup to England.

If David Beckham can get a OBE, Wilko should be knighted.

Paul
22-11-2003, 23:35
LOL, at least four of those people listed I have never even heard of ....

idi banashapan
22-11-2003, 23:51
wilko... about time there was an englishman who was not only good at a sport, but managed to help an english team actually win something of 'importance', if I may call it that.

well done england... about bloody time, considering you invented the game back in 1823*!!!

*disclaimer - this date was retrieved from an online source regarding the origins of the contemporary game of rugby. this is by no means my opinion on anything in the world at all, it is merely a date that someone else put on the net as a rough guide to when William Webb Ellis decided to cheat at football coz his team were probably rubbish and were losing at the time. if it is wrong, live with it.

might i also add - i have no interest whatsoever if this is incorrect. you may post corrections all you like, but i still do not give a flying monkeys poo poo.

idi banashapan
23-11-2003, 12:37
did I kill this thread????

Paul
23-11-2003, 13:53
looks that way ......

homealone
23-11-2003, 14:00
voted for Paula Radcliffe, because she has showed incredible determination to succeed in a very difficult discipline and is such a good ambassador for athletics, as a whole.:)

ic14
23-11-2003, 14:00
I say that after yesterday there is only one who should win it: Jonny Wilkinson

Tricky
23-11-2003, 14:21
'Wilko's gotta have it :D He's finally brought a world cup to England.

If David Beckham can get a OBE, Wilko should be knighted.

Should that have been "If David Beckham can get a OBE, we should ALL be knighted"? Just don't ask him what OBE stands for

Bex
23-11-2003, 14:34
i also voted wilko, i think he is a great sportsman .......although can i just say i think you ought to have had two categories one for sportsman and one for sportswomen because i wanted to vote for paula also

yesman
23-11-2003, 20:50
i also voted wilko, i think he is a great sportsman .......although can i just say i think you ought to have had two categories one for sportsman and one for sportswomen because i wanted to vote for paula also
Oh !!!!!!! :Yikes:

Bex
23-11-2003, 20:54
Oh !!!!!!! :Yikes:

:sorry: prolly just me being indecisive as always :p

kronas
23-11-2003, 20:55
i find doing a vote is pointless wilkinson is going to get it no doubt there

Paul K
23-11-2003, 20:56
Emille Heskey for services to falling down uncontrollably in football?

Nor
23-11-2003, 21:04
Its abit of a foregone conclusion this year I would bet :) I voted for someone else, as as a Scot I don't really feel Johhny was a sporting personality for me personally. Not sure exactly who I'd vote for though, someone thats done something for Scotland AND was an interesting personality.

Mal
23-11-2003, 21:16
What happened yesterday was a team sport. Wilko didn't win it all by himself.