PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Phone line install on triple play pack

NBeg
08-03-2006, 12:11
Hi guys,

I've been using this forum for advice for a while now but here's my 1st post. I need some advice on my install. I've just moved into a new house in Belfast (postcode BT9 XXX) which had cable a few years ago but the most recent occupants didn't use it. I called to get it re-enabled for the triple play pack inc 1Mb broadband.

Installer came early last Sat morning (not good for the hangover but can't complain too much :erm:) and took all of 15 mins to tune TV (silver STB) and put in a cable modem 250 (both on different wallboxes in different rooms). He told me he couldn't get the phone to work though for some reason and would need to call in a 'big van team' to repull a new cable from the street although he assured me this wouldn't affect the tv and bb which both work fine (including the interactive bit).

He assured me that the install team would contact me about a new date but after reading posts here I wasn't taking any chances and phoned them on Monday. Unsurprisingly they knew nothing about the new install but have arranged for a visit this coming Friday to fix the phones.

Now the questions at long last !

1) Does anybody know why he could get the tv and bb working and not the phone ? I've searched the forum and can't see anybody who has the same problem.

2) I'm not convinced that the CS people are sending out the right team to fix the problem and don't fancy taking a morning off work to find out - any way to find out ?

Thanks in advance!

Mick
08-03-2006, 12:22
Hi NBeg, :welcome: to the site.

If you would like to send me some details via Private message (Click the SendPM button on this post) and provide with a name and contact number and I will send this issue into our ntl contacts to look at. Thanks.

PS1
08-03-2006, 22:23
The reason for him being able to install your dtv and bb and not your phone is that the bb and tv run off the same thing(catv) and your telephone another.

Reasons for him not being able to connect the phone could be either,
1)Damaged telephone wires in drop cable?

0r

2)Capacity problems with d or e sides(in short ,no available connections for
the phone).

By him suggesting the need to get a "big van" around to repull cables seems like the first of the above.:Yikes:

NBeg
09-03-2006, 13:03
A big thanks to Mick and to Jill from NTL.

The crew is scheduled for tomorrow morning to pull in a new cable (probably through my front garden but what can you do?) and hopefully I'll get my phone working.

I'll also follow the advice from this forum - don't let the crew leave before you're satisfied everything is working properly !

NBeg
10-03-2006, 15:46
Just a quick update.

Crew arrived at 9.30 this morning - pulled in a new cable (and didn't even disturb my front garden too much) and left within a hour after a cup of tea.

Job done - satisfied customer and thanks for you help in the forum - especially Mick and Jill :)

Mick
10-03-2006, 18:33
Glad to hear its all sorted for you NBeg. Thanks for the update. :)