PDA

View Full Version : HMV = Stupid

ic14
22-11-2003, 15:58
Damn useless cashers in HMV, I just bought Kikis delivery service today and when i got home to watch it i found that they had left a stupid security seal in.

It was like a small red plug at the side of the dvd case stopping me from opening it up.

Any ideas what i should do? Will any other HMV open it for me?

Xaccers
22-11-2003, 16:02
Damn useless cashers in HMV, I just bought Kikis delivery service today and when i got home to watch it i found that they had left a stupid security seal in.

It was like a small red plug at the side of the dvd case stopping me from opening it up.

If you've got the reciept and explain the situation they should do

Bex
22-11-2003, 16:33

did they defo not take it off? occasionally i have thought that they hadn't taken it off, because the sticky thingy was still on the side but it was off...did the alarms go off as u went out of the shop?

ic14
22-11-2003, 16:40
did they defo not take it off? occasionally i have thought that they hadn't taken it off, because the sticky thingy was still on the side but it was off...did the alarms go off as u went out of the shop?Its a new kind of one, im trying to find a piccie of it to show but im not having any luck :D

edit: Found!! here it is: http://www.tagcompany.com/redtag/

Bex
22-11-2003, 16:44
ok :blush: ignore what i said before......

and grrr that website killed my graphic card....really need to sort it out :(

Bex
22-11-2003, 16:51
ok i would advise you to go in and get it de-tagged and i would complain as well....never know they might give you vouchers or something :p
edit: dont forget to take your receipt

Paul K
22-11-2003, 16:53
Yep take it back with your receipt, if you look here
http://www.tagcompany.com/redtag/img/planet.jpg its an integrated system and you will have to destroy the case and probably the DVD to get it open.

aliferste
23-11-2003, 00:02
I would demand some cash or vouchers as well.....

ic14
23-11-2003, 12:07
Just have to wait till tomorrow to do this, hope they give me some vouchers.

paulyoung666
23-11-2003, 12:13
you should get something out of them , push it by saying you had to make an extra journey etc etc etc :D :D :D :D :D

aliferste
23-11-2003, 13:40
you should get something out of them , push it by saying you had to make an extra journey etc etc etc :D :D :D :D :D

say it was a present for someone and now you look like an idiot!!!! Rub it in thick!!

In Top Shop if they forget to take the tag off you get 15 quid if the alarm goes off when you walk out the door :)

at least they did when my friend worked there!

ic14
24-11-2003, 18:09
Well it seems my dads local HMV is even stupider (i know its not a word)
They A didnt know what the security system is and
B couldnt exchange it cus their manager wernt there.

Dimwits........ lol

paulyoung666
24-11-2003, 18:14
Well it seems my dads local HMV is even stupider (i know its not a word)
They A didnt know what the security system is and
B couldnt exchange it cus their manager wernt there.

Dimwits........ lol

and at this point i would have purple and asked them what the f**k they were on , cant work and dont know what there own systems are , so did you get sorted out then ???????????????

ic14
24-11-2003, 19:46
Its done!!
My dad went back and the manager was in. It seems they had the device there, just that the idiot on the till didnt know how to use it :rofl:

Thanks all!!

paulyoung666
24-11-2003, 19:52
Its done!!
My dad went back and the manager was in. It seems they had the device there, just that the idiot on the till didnt know how to use it :rofl:

Thanks all!!

so what did you get compensated then ???????????????

Bex
24-11-2003, 21:07
Its done!!

Thanks all!!

glad you got it sorted huni, but as paul says did you get any compensation? and if not why didn't you kick up a fuss :p