PDA

View Full Version : A question on Bulldog...

Slyder
03-03-2006, 18:08
To cut a long story short...

Friend of mine arranged to have services installed via Bulldog. He gets an installation date, takes the day work and waits in for the engineer. No engineer turns up.

Can my friend claim for loss of earnings ? (not trying to settle an argument, Im just curious if he could, because personally I would escalate it)

Neil
03-03-2006, 18:16
Legally? Probably not.

Morally? I would think so, yes.

Clicking here (http://www.my-bulldog-hell.co.uk) should sort you out. :tu:

[Edit]-Has your friend actually rung Bulldog to find out wtf happened?

Paul K
03-03-2006, 19:07
I wouldn't hold your breath, Bulldog are notoriously bad for keeping appointments or promises.

ramearess
03-03-2006, 21:56
it was your friends choice to stay of work so it is not the companies fault that he lost earning therefor they ar not liable. don't put all the blame on bulldog as the phone line is actually a bt line that they rent from bt and then rent on to you cheaper than bt would so it was bt that messed up and didn't get the enginer to you bulldog may not even know that the engineer didn't turn up so your friend may want to phone bulldog if he has not already done so so that the can pressure bt to get your line installed/activated. Don't be mistaken and think you can complain to bt it is bulldog that has the contract with bt not your freind. don't let this little upset put you off bulldog though as they are they provide full 8 meg adsl to more areas and at a cheaper priced than most other isp's.

Paul K
04-03-2006, 07:55
And you may need to actually know what you are talking about before blaming BT ;) It's BT's line but Bulldog would need to install equipment at the exchange for the service to be provisioned so therefor it's not BT's fault. Having dealt with a number of complaints from Bulldog customers it is very apparent that a lot of the time it's a case of engineers not being booked or complete c*ck ups in the orders being put through that cause the problems. It may even be that an engineer wasn't even booked.
As to Bulldog providing full 8Mb to more areas cheaper, you may want to go read a lot of the complaints from Bulldog customers being posted elsewhere.

Slyder
04-03-2006, 11:18
Well my friend call them up and sure enough they were quick enough to pass the buck and blame BT anyway. Bulldog assure my friend he would only be charged from the day the engineer turns up. (Ill believe that when I see it personally)

According to the chap he spoke to, BT changed the date of his installation without telling my mate. Oh, and neglected to tell Bulldog exactly what date that would be but were assured they would ring Bulldogs new customer to arranage a suitable date and time. - I would of thought the day it was ment to be booked would of been suitable enough.

A promising start... :rolleyes:

Paul K
04-03-2006, 11:30
Doubt if BT would change an install date without notification as all work is managed by a central control and engineers are given set work lists per day. Sounds more like Bulldog failed yet again to sort the proper install date out before imforming the customer.
BT would rarely contact another companies customer to arrange an appointment on their behalf and if the job was in the system for call back it would have been called back as it will go round and round in the callback queue until someone made the call. Jobs don't leave a callback queue untill the call is made and the appoinment etc is booked and the system kicks the job into the queue for the engineer.
Personally I take what Bulldog say with a pinch of salt and having seen the numerous install and billing complaints along with the time taken to get a full and proper resolution from Bulldog, I wouldn't touch them with a very long bargepole.

ramearess
20-06-2006, 19:29
i thinck everyone needs to give bulldog a break as there are vrey few companies that offer the same speeds for the same price. the company is still growing the concentrate on impoving there equipment and speeds rather than customer service thats not to say they don't work on there cs dept. if you want great cs you'll have to pay the same price for a 2 meg line with a usage limit. the other option is a cable line these ntl/telewest are in between with average cs and line speeds.

zing_deleted
20-06-2006, 19:36
i thinck everyone needs to give bulldog a break as there are vrey few companies that offer the same speeds for the same price. the company is still growing the concentrate on impoving there equipment and speeds rather than customer service thats not to say they don't work on there cs dept. if you want great cs you'll have to pay the same price for a 2 meg line with a usage limit. the other option is a cable line these ntl/telewest are in between with average cs and line speeds.

There not gonna grow for a while there cutting off new sign ups fromt he 1st of July