PDA

View Full Version : Nthellcommunity.com

Undisputedtruth
26-06-2003, 20:31
I typed in the following addresses

www.nthellcommunity.com

www.nthellcommunity.co.uk

and discover they have been registered.

The question is who registered the names?

handyman
26-06-2003, 20:37
I know who that is :-)
Couldn't do the second one though.
UDT you have too much time on your hands ;)

domain: nthellcommunity.com
created: Jun 20 2003
last-changed: Jun 20 2003
registration-expiration: Jun 20 2004

nserver: ns23.schlund.de
nserver: ns24.schlund.de

registrant-firstname: Bryan
registrant-lastname: Stevens
registrant-street: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
registrant-pcode: xxxxxxxxxxx
registrant-city: Andover
registrant-ccode: GB
registrant-phone: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
registrant-email: bryan.stevens@xxxxxx.co.uk

was edited as info not right to be posted on the forum

Daniel H
26-06-2003, 20:40
Thats the guy who owns ntlhell.co.uk isn't it?

handyman
26-06-2003, 20:53
afaik yes it is, it certainly resolves to his email address.

Rojo Habe
26-06-2003, 20:55
Originally posted by handyman

was edited as info not right to be posted on the forum

While I agree that you were right to edit the post, couldn't anybody find this information just by looking up his domain name?

cjll3
26-06-2003, 20:56
whois nthellcommunity.co.uk

No match for "nthellcommunity.co.uk".

WHOIS database last updated at 20:55:01 26-Jun-2003

--
(c) Nominet UK

For further information and terms of use please see http://www.nic.uk/whois
Nominet reserves the right to withhold access to this service at any time.

handyman
26-06-2003, 21:03
Originally posted by Rojo Habe
While I agree that you were right to edit the post, couldn't anybody find this information just by looking up his domain name?

True true but I suppose it limits it a little bit, plus I dont want to be the one to do it as I don't agree with that sort of thing.

Mick
26-06-2003, 21:09
Personal addresses will be removed if anyone posts them up.

fraz
26-06-2003, 22:54
Originally posted by Daniel H
/me takes his hat off to Andre & his moderating team for being reasonable. :cool:

Chris
26-06-2003, 22:56
Originally posted by Daniel H

hang on, am I seeing things or is that url free of asterisks? :spin:

fraz
26-06-2003, 22:57
Originally posted by towny
hang on, am I seeing things or is that url free of asterisks? :spin:
hence my post above :)

fraz
26-06-2003, 23:05
Originally posted by Dr. Plummer
Personal addresses will be removed if anyone posts them up.
Does that include addresses that are in the public domain eg the results of whois lookups ?? (/me makes mental note to update his domain details as he's moved)

I fully endorse the policy if the information is not publically available however if a suitable link to the relevant information can be provided .................. ;)

In any case the information was voluntarily removed in this case so that's not really an issue :)

Edit: (whoops no it wasn't)

Chris
26-06-2003, 23:13
Originally posted by fraz
hence my post above :)

sorry, too tired for anything but the blindingly obvious :sleep: got to go to bed...

fraz
26-06-2003, 23:15
sorry, too tired for anything but the blindingly obvious :sleep: got to go to bed...

LOL have a nightcap instead :rolleyes: :cool:

Lord Nikon
27-06-2003, 00:07
Andre, I would just like to thank you and the admin staff for removing the name censor on ntlhell :D

Marcus_Tandy
27-06-2003, 00:27
Andre and the team.

I would like to say thank you for taking everyones views into consideration.

Im a very happy Mr Tandy.

binary
01-07-2003, 01:18
It doesn't matter that you can find this guys details via a WHOIS service, they shouldn't be posted on the forums. (You can argue that actually the WHOIS data has conditions attached, including that it is not to be reproduced elsewhere, but thats a murky world of legalese that isn't a path we should go down!).

Can I go off-topic and ask what the big deal about nthell.co.uk on the old NTHW.com forums was? It was always referred to as 'TOS' (which I presume means 'The Other Site'). Can someone colour in the history for me please.

Roy MM
01-07-2003, 01:30
Originally posted by binary
It doesn't matter that you can find this guys details via a WHOIS service, they shouldn't be posted on the forums. (You can argue that actually the WHOIS data has conditions attached, including that it is not to be reproduced elsewhere, but thats a murky world of legalese that isn't a path we should go down!).

Can I go off-topic and ask what the big deal about nthell.co.uk on the old NTHW.com forums was? It was always referred to as 'TOS' (which I presume means 'The Other Site'). Can someone colour in the history for me please.

I'm knackered m8 but http://www.ntlhell.com runs a longside this site, all p*ss in the same pot
:)

Jamie
01-07-2003, 01:41
Originally posted by binary
Please leave this discussion. I could tell you the answer but it would only open up a can of worms that we on this site have no intention of allowing to be opened. Suffice to say that there are some very abusive people on the internet who deny their actions even when they are there for all to see:rolleyes:

Shaun
01-07-2003, 01:55
Originally posted by Jamie
Please leave this discussion. I could tell you the answer but it would only open up a can of worms that we on this site have no intention of allowing to be opened. Suffice to say that there are some very abusive people on the internet who deny their actions even when they are there for all to see:rolleyes:

I wouldn't normally link such a 'hot potato' of a thread normally, but if you want so see what it would be like if the details were filled in here then visit this thread:

http://www.nthellworld.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43874&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

I think it is such a good idea that the mods and Andre have started this site if thats anything to go by. :( :(

P.s. if the mods consider the link to be insensitive or inappropriate I will not be offended if you feel the need to remove it.;)

binary
01-07-2003, 01:56
Fair enough Jamie, from that last post I know enough, I shall not ask that question again.

I like the sig!

Edit: Dellwear, I was typing as you were posting. I am (perhaps unwisely) having a look at said thread.

Shaun
01-07-2003, 02:08
And on a positive note:

http://www.ntlhell.co.uk/index.php?act=ST&f=1&t=2531&hl=&

All this good will and its not even Christmas. ;)

Sociable
01-07-2003, 02:11
If nothing else the conduct of the "Is this true" thread at .com shows just how badly this site is needed. :)

Shaun
01-07-2003, 02:54
Originally posted by Sociable
If nothing else the conduct of the "Is this true" thread at .com shows just how badly this site is needed. :)

Your not wrong there, lets hope NTHellworld can continue in the mature and intelligent spirit started over on .com here at .co.uk and work for the same goals - the main one being somewhere for Ntl: customers to come for support.:)

I would say something about 'long live NTHellworld' but..........................no

Shaun
01-07-2003, 20:13
Originally posted by dellwear
I wouldn't normally link such a 'hot potato' of a thread normally, but if you want so see what it would be like if the details were filled in here then visit this thread:

http://www.nthellworld.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43874&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

I think it is such a good idea that the mods and Andre have started this site if thats anything to go by. :( :(

P.s. if the mods consider the link to be insensitive or inappropriate I will not be offended if you feel the need to remove it.;)

Funny that the flaming match between erol and the mods has been removed, wonder why.:dozey:

Chris
01-07-2003, 21:04
Originally posted by dellwear
Funny that the flaming match between erol and the mods has been removed, wonder why.:dozey:

Aww, I had such fun reading that this morning, I wanted to have another look

lol

I stumbled across it while it was live last night or whenever it was and thought, man, the wheels really are coming off nthw.com if even the mods are indulging in a little flaming match ... but now it is consigned to the realm of threads that never were.

*sigh*

Steve H
01-07-2003, 21:09
Aww, I had such fun reading that this morning, I wanted to have another look

lol

I stumbled across it while it was live last night or whenever it was and thought, man, the wheels really are coming off nthw.com if even the mods are indulging in a little flaming match ... but now it is consigned to the realm of threads that never were.

*sigh*

Actually, Neil had every right to discuss something another member stated. He never flamed erolz.. He simpley set him straight on EVERY SINGLE point he made.. But as soon as certain people started diggin the past up.. Then it needed delting imo.

Chris
01-07-2003, 21:24
Originally posted by Steve_NTL
Actually, Neil had every right to discuss something another member stated. He never flamed erolz.. He simpley set him straight on EVERY SINGLE point he made.. But as soon as certain people started diggin the past up.. Then it needed delting imo.

Fair enough, suppose 'flaming match' is a wee bit grand. I hope Neil enjoyed it as much as I did though.

Chris
01-07-2003, 21:35
Originally posted by Shabba
For what reason?

Why would you enjoy the consequences?

what consequences? :confused:

Chris
01-07-2003, 22:08
Originally posted by Shabba
More bad feeling springs immediately to my mind.

oh, ok.

But I got the distinct impression that what we were watching was just a rehearsal of discussions already very well-worn. A little more edgy, perhaps, due to a sense of impending doom on nthw.com ... which was my original point, that I thought things must be getting really bad if even the mods were indulging in such a row in open forum.

I would never revel in people getting beaten up, but I don't think that's what was happening.