PDA

View Full Version : Advice to NTL : new customers

uboat
27-02-2006, 23:56
I would like to point out 2 things:-

1. Keep it really fast
2. Keep it cheap

if you want more customers keep those two things in mind & bingo those profits will be ever high.

driver_problems
27-02-2006, 23:59

1. Keep it really fast
2. Keep it cheap

if you want more customers keep those two things in mind & bingo those profits will be ever high.

do you work for ntl? :erm:

Russ
28-02-2006, 00:07

1. Keep it really fast
2. Keep it cheap

So you want the speeds but not the cost?

UncleBooBoo
28-02-2006, 01:29
Yes

Russ
28-02-2006, 01:32
Well that makes a load of sense.

How do you think they'd pay for the maintanence of these high speeds?

nffc
28-02-2006, 01:36
well i missed the point big style - if there was one, that is!

Ramrod
28-02-2006, 02:06
Can someone explain to me how it costs ntl more to run a higher speed line? For example, is it costing ntl any more to run a 2 mb line as opposed to a 1mb line?:confused:

danielf
28-02-2006, 02:17
Can someone explain to me how it costs ntl more to run a higher speed line? For example, is it costing ntl any more to run a 2 mb line as opposed to a 1mb line?:confused:

I suppose they have to buy bandwidth. The web doesn't stop at NTL's infrastructure. With higher speeds, more bits will be transferred (as people will download more/ use more intensive services). Someone will be charging for the amount of data transferred over the web's backbones (that need infrastructure/maintaining).

paul11974
28-02-2006, 08:58

1. Keep it really fast
2. Keep it cheap

are you richard branson in disguise ?

Ramrod
28-02-2006, 09:00
I suppose they have to buy bandwidth. The web doesn't stop at NTL's infrastructure. With higher speeds, more bits will be transferred (as people will download more/ use more intensive services). Someone will be charging for the amount of data transferred over the web's backbones (that need infrastructure/maintaining).Okeydokey, thanks. I didn't think past ntl's infrastructure :)

ian@huth
28-02-2006, 11:34
Can someone explain to me how it costs ntl more to run a higher speed line? For example, is it costing ntl any more to run a 2 mb line as opposed to a 1mb line?:confused:Each UBR card has a finite bandwidth available to share between the customers using it. A UBR card can only accomodate half as many customers using their 2Mb connection to the full as it can accomodate 1Mb customers without undue adverse affects on their connections. Therefore as speeds increase more UBR's have to be installed to prevent a deterioration in customers experiences.

andygrif
28-02-2006, 15:18
Well that makes a load of sense.

How do you think they'd pay for the maintanence of these high speeds?

Profit by volume, same as any value-led business.