PDA

View Full Version : NTL Complaints

Barewolf
24-02-2006, 00:56
Ok i have been ignored by NTL so far regarding my issues, i sent a hand written letter to their complaints and nothing from them. Who the hell do i write to next? Watchdog? surely they have to respond somehow?

Russ
24-02-2006, 01:19
Contact one of the Forum Team to escalate your issue?

Barewolf
24-02-2006, 16:33

And what will they do exactly? Do they work for NTL?

dilli-theclaw
24-02-2006, 16:34
And what will they do exactly? Do they work for NTL?No they don't - but they know some IMPORTANT people who do and can generally get things sorted.

I'd do it m8...

MovedGoalPosts
24-02-2006, 16:41
Are you talking of this thread http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=43266

The offer to you for the team to escalate the issue was made there - but I dnon't think you took it up.

Very simply, if you want us to rasie the matter with our ntl contacts please PM a team member with some details - customer account name, and account number, service address, contact phone number (daytime) and email. Details of the problem. If appropriate we will forward it to our contacts who have proven very good at cutting to the chase and actually sorting things out. Cable Fourm is independent of NTL, and won't hold your information any longer than is needed.

RGAHewitt
24-02-2006, 17:26
I closed my account in Cardiff with NTL over 2 and a half years ago however theycontinued to take money by direct debit from my account. I only noticed this recently December 2005 and contacted their customer services team immediately to resolve the issue.

I was assured that the account had been closed and that the credit due to me, in the region of £480 would be returned to me in full within two weeks. This did not happen. I then followed up my initial call to establish what had happened and was told that I would receive the cheque within two weeks. This did not happen.
I continued with this until recently, I am a patient man and realise that sometimes mistakes †“ even three or four oversights †“ do happen.

Last week I received a notice of litigation from Debt collection Agency Moorcroft saying that I owed £68.42 and that I would be taken to court over this. I contacted the customer services team to find out why this was happening and was told that it was a mistake on the part of NTL and that I would be getting a call back from a Customer Services representative within 48 hours. I asked if I should contact Moorcroft and was told that they would know nothing of this and that I should rely on NTL to sort it all out.
I did not get a call back within 48 hours and the deadline for my contacting Moorcroft was upon me. I called Moorcroft and they said that they would delay any further action for another 7 days. If I had left it to NTL they would have proceeded with court action.
Not that I would mind if this does happen as I have a very good legal team and we would of course win and be looking to claim all of our considerable costs from NTL should this need to be progressed through the county court. Naturally I would prefer that things stay out of court; my father-in-law is a senior judge and would never forgive me for wasting court time like that.

I called again today to find out why I wasnââ‚ ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢t called by a customer service advisor and no reason was given. My mobile number was taken, for the 3rd time, and I was told Iâ₠¬ÃƒÆ’¢â€žÂ¢d be called back by Moves and Transfers.
When I received a call back and it was from an extremely aggressive woman who said she was raising a credit against the account for $412. I asked why it was about £60 less than the amount I had had taken from my account and was told that this was because I owed NTL £68. When I tried to explain that this was a mistake and that the total amount owed to me was in the region of £480 she became very rude indeed. I asked for her name for my reference at which point she hung up the phone.

Mick
24-02-2006, 17:51
Please send me some details via Private message and this issue will be sent to our contacts at ntl. Practically all the issues we have ever sent to ntl have all been resolved.

Ignition
24-02-2006, 18:37
Ah Wilmslow....

I remember this area, I spent some time working on some issues there.

Anyway when I was about the issue with the area was basically that it's full of people who were trying to download and upload the entire internet, and that even though it had what was for most ample bandwidth per customer people evidently didn't have much to do besides hammer their connections as the usage there per modem was unreal which was even more surprising as there were virtually no top tier customers.

I'll keep the comments someone who lived near there made to me about the 'demographics' of the area to myself ;)

You'll probably find the speed issues beginning to improve once the 10M service is properly policed. Other congestion busting measures should help too. Can't be any more specific due to combo of NDA and not knowing.

Hope you get the issues with billing sorted quickly.

Bill C
24-02-2006, 20:08
You'll probably find the speed issues beginning to improve once the 10M service is properly policed. Other congestion busting measures should help too. Can't be any more specific due to combo of NDA and not knowing.

Lets put it this way. I want to be on here when they turn it on :LOL:.

It will make for interesting reading :)

Chrysalis
24-02-2006, 22:36
If it helps my area I am all for it, why isnt it on now?

Barewolf
25-02-2006, 00:16
Well theres only old people where i live, they dont have access to NTL Broadband so it cant be them clogging up bandwidth

Chrysalis
25-02-2006, 00:51
granchildren?

Ignition
25-02-2006, 18:55
Well theres only old people where i live, they dont have access to NTL Broadband so it cant be them clogging up bandwidth

Tis a lot more than just your street you could be sharing with.

Barewolf
25-02-2006, 19:14
Tis a lot more than just your street you could be sharing with.

I know what your saying but the UBR for my area covers 3 streets but they are all over 60-70 round here so i cant see them pounding away at Quake all night
;)

patrickp
25-02-2006, 19:25
Well, you're half that, and you live there, Barewolf!

Besides, I'm 58 myself and, while I'm not a hard core P2Per, I do my bit of dling. I think maybe you're making something of an unwarranted assumption... ;-)

Barewolf
25-02-2006, 20:06
Well, you're half that, and you live there, Barewolf!

Besides, I'm 58 myself and, while I'm not a hard core P2Per, I do my bit of dling. I think maybe you're making something of an unwarranted assumption... ;-)

Not really, my next door neigbour is 86, my other neigbour is 58 and she uses the net, all the rest down the road are in their 70's, theres only about 10-20 people locally under 50.

Ignition
25-02-2006, 23:47
Well maybe you're not in one of the areas in question I just remember Wilmslow in the pre-10Mbit days having less than 200 users eat most of a card of capacity.

This was at a time when we were getting 700 or more users on a card without any problems at all.

etccarmageddon
26-02-2006, 00:51
with regards to your demographic hint, wilmslow is a very affluent area - it's where the rich people live. I hope that's what your friend told you. some seriously rich people there.

handyman
26-02-2006, 00:56

I would not worry too much about the NDA, I spilled everything worth spilling after I left and the worst that happened was that the removed my remote access to mail :D

Barewolf
26-02-2006, 01:38
with regards to your demographic hint, wilmslow is a very affluent area - it's where the rich people live. I hope that's what your friend told you. some seriously rich people there.

Hmmm yeah i know i live here / there lol ;) still doesnt solve my problem. CEO might though

Ignition
26-02-2006, 07:46
I would not worry too much about the NDA, I spilled everything worth spilling after I left and the worst that happened was that the removed my remote access to mail :D

No offense but I'm pretty sure my position gave me access to rather more interesting stuff than you may have known about. My mail account was gone the day after I left.