PDA

View Full Version : A Happy Customer :d

dcclanuk
16-02-2006, 19:09
I dunno how rare this is on ntl broadband, but i am actually a very happy customer. [I joined on 30th jan '06].

I am on the 1mb unlimited package, and my speeds are rock solid 99% of the day. Some times my pings go up by 10-20ms during peak hours, but i guess u cant really argue too much about that.... so all in all very happy :D

just one question tho... my modem lights are always flashing whether the comp is on or not, that is the receive is constantly flashing? is that normal?

kfridge
16-02-2006, 19:12
probably people trying to hack you...which they can't if your PC is off - hope you have a firewall installed!

Halcyon
16-02-2006, 20:05
It is totally normal for the modem to flash from time to time, even when your PC is off. It is just communicating the NTL network. Nothing really to worry about.

SLM
16-02-2006, 20:45
I dunno how rare this is on ntl broadband, but i am actually a very happy customer. [I joined on 30th jan '06].

It is on this site but over all ntl cust base is very pleased, you only think that ntl are in the gutter as so many people here are griping about them but TBH out of about 5.5 million cust people actually moaning is about 0.5 % if that.

But it is nice to hear someone giving the :tu: to ntl.

grubbymitts
16-02-2006, 21:17
probably people trying to hack you...which they can't if your PC is off - hope you have a firewall installed!

LOL. How to scare someone in one sentence. erm...no. Lights flashing doesn't mean you are being hacked.

kfridge
17-02-2006, 09:02
LOL. How to scare someone in one sentence. erm...no. Lights flashing doesn't mean you are being hacked.

;) just my paranoia...

Wod
17-02-2006, 12:48
Lmao,the lights all mean different things.NTL is an always connected isp therefore the lights will still flash.