PDA

View Full Version : Terayon Terajet 210 + gaming

cabletj210
14-02-2006, 15:18
I have a 2mb connection which keeps dropping out, at which point the cable light flashes for a few seconds and then comes back on again.

Maybe only a short period but enough to kick me off any game i'm playing online. This is starting to get me angry as with online games a mission could take an hour or so to do.

I have spoken to NTL and their answer was : You can browse and get email, we tested your line and its fine :Yikes: (typical of tech support)

From searching the web, when the cable light goes out or flashes it means it has lost its connection to the catv network and is re-registering the modem.

Anyone know why this is ? Should I insist on a new modem or something ?

This has only started happening since i upgraded from 1mb to 2mb, don't know if theres a link !

Also do you know if there is a URL based control panel with this modem so i can check logs ?

Hom3r
14-02-2006, 15:42
There Are several problems with the Terayons.

And no you cannot talk to the modem directly, unlike other modems.

hammered
14-02-2006, 16:07
And NTL will want to charge you £50 for a replacement modem, even though they know that the equipement can't handle the 10MB correctly. Hence the "speeds upto.." on their ads for the BB services...

inca
14-02-2006, 17:09
Hi cabletj210,

I was having the exact same problems since mid Jan, and finally managed to to get it sorted today.

After my third call, I was elevated to level two tech support who told me that the config file had not installed correctly.

Engineer came today and swapped my Terayon for a nice new NTL250, and so far so good, no drop outs and no 404 errors...

Inca.

hammered
14-02-2006, 20:30
Hi cabletj210,

I was having the exact same problems since mid Jan, and finally managed to to get it sorted today.

After my third call, I was elevated to level two tech support who told me that the config file had not installed correctly.

Engineer came today and swapped my Terayon for a nice new NTL250, and so far so good, no drop outs and no 404 errors...

Inca.

Lucky you... i wish I could get the same result...

mmm
14-02-2006, 21:25
There Are several problems with the Terayons.

And no you cannot talk to the modem directly, unlike other modems.

Not entirely true, as I have posted here before - you can use Robin Walkers docsdiag program by assigning a secondary IP to a windows XP PRO machine and connected directly to the cable mode.

You cannot connect to a helpful web screen though.

I have had similar problems to the OP, this happens when the upstream connection is marginal, it does need am engineer visit to make a physical change in the green cab. Newer modem also have greater upstream headroom so are more tolerant than the old TJ210!