PDA

View Full Version : MC2 is it worth it?

manowar68
26-06-2003, 17:00
I have MM3 which is great online and alot of fun too but was
wondering if its worth getting MC2 also.
Tell me if you think i'll be wasting money here or not:shrug:

NEONKNIGHT
26-06-2003, 17:03
I've got it - not overly impressed with it at first but decided to keep it and give it a good thrashing first. Only unlocked a couple of motors so far, so I'm sure some one else will be able to give a fuller in-depth view of this game.;)

NEONKNIGHT
26-06-2003, 17:04
Please excuse my ignorance, but what is 'MC2' ?

Midnight Club 2

:)

manowar68
26-06-2003, 17:06
Originally posted by Andre
Please excuse my ignorance, but what is 'MC2' ? :dunce:

Midnight club 2,its a racing game andre;)

Boom
26-06-2003, 17:22
Got both and I'm enjoying both. MM3 is a lot more of light-hearted game is a good party game online.

I've only played MC2 offline (because you need to unlock maps, cars, bikes, etc.), but here are my impressions. Where MM3 has trucks, buses, fire trucks, etc., MC2 only has cars and bikes AFAIK.
It's addictive. I completely h8 the street-racing gendre of films, but I was up late last night playing this game. Each car handles differently and the bike is simply awesome.

Unlike MM3, in MC2 you get a real feeling of speed. Drove through Notre Dame Cathedral and the Louvre last night and it was so cool! The voice acting, trash-talking is annoying (especially after re-trying a race for the 6th time) and the music is nothing to write home about.

There are bugs in the game of which I've only noticed some waypoint bugs (not very frequently). Another downside sometimes is the graphics, because you can't see alleyways or corners, because the shading in the game makes them hard to see especially on a night map. ANother thing to note is only go for challenges you can win. I've ended up in some races which I couldn't win (I needed to beat someone else and claim their car before I could beat another racer).

Like Burnout2, you get a speed-boost button, but also a weight-transfer system for the car, and stream-boosting.

I highly recommend this game if you like street-racing. If you enjoy open cities like MM3 to drive-in definitely try it (unlike MM3, pedestrians do get hit!).

Originally posted by manowar68
I have MM3 which is great online and alot of fun too but was
wondering if its worth getting MC2 also.
Tell me if you think i'll be wasting money here or not:shrug:

Boom
26-06-2003, 17:26
Also, if you want other reviews check out game rankings database (http://www.gamerankings.com/) which tallys up game reviews from different sites to provide an overall score for a game.

MC2 has come in as one of the top Xbox games overall (#7).

manowar68
26-06-2003, 20:45
Thanks for that Boom.
Had a go on my bro's copy,it's not that bad.I think this game could grow on me.

Thanks again.

Boom
27-06-2003, 09:45
No problem. If you want to play online, just PM me or put up a post.

Thanks for that Boom.
Had a go on my bro's copy,it's not that bad.I think this game could grow on me.

Thanks again.

manowar68
27-06-2003, 15:48
Will do.

Caspar
27-06-2003, 16:20
Will do.

me too :D

manowar68
27-06-2003, 16:32
ok:D

Tezcatlipoca
27-06-2003, 19:43
Hmm. Might get MC2.

Or is it better to just wait for PGR2?

scotsbraveheart
27-06-2003, 19:51
if ya gonna drive at these crazy speeds for gods sake buckle up.

"cluck-click every trip"