PDA

View Full Version : Goddam Kellys! Any Techs Here? *nightmare*

DamienGiles
10-02-2006, 20:54
Hi all

Glad to see you're all surviving.

Just thought i'd let you know my nightmare that i've just had, and still going through.

Let me set the scene.

At home, I previously had a DTV and BB connection.

I decided to remove my associate offer and go through to retentions to get free BB for 6months (10Mbit) and disconnect DTV whilst I prepared to leave the business.

So now, all I have live in the property is BB with a old disconnected DTV box.

I come in one day, to find my SACM wasn't locking onto the network (D/S was flashing, no SNC/RDY) so I phone TSB... typical answer, area outage... OK I thought, I'll check Onxy when I get in work and all is confirmed, it's an area outage (no fog off this time!).

2, 3, 4, 5 days past... this can't be an area outage STILL I thought to myself, so I phoned through to TSB who advised me that theres no outages, so we'll get a technician to the property (sat 10th). All booked in, all okay... tommorrow i'll have BB, then i'll be happy.

Hunky doory, I thought... then it occured to me, I grabbed a torch and checked my omni box. *******S. Turns out I'd had a splitter removed from the box, and wires left bare.

The only people who do this (shouldn't I might add) is STB Collections (my area is outsourced to Kellys).

I've missed Kellys a couple of times, due to work hours so they left me a few notes through the door... finally, I think they got a bit ****ed off so disconnected me at my omni box (removing the splitter since I have a external cable going upstairs and another going through the main room on the ground floor).

Right, fair enough... easily solved, walk down the road, look for an abandoned house and nick one out of their omni box... ALL SORTED! BB's now up and running, away we go.

No, how wrong could I be!

Phoned TSB, just to confirm that the tech is comming out tomorrow and to basically add onto the workforce to bring a Y-Splitter as I didn't think they would carry them (they arn't install techs afterall).

The fkin (excuse me) idiot told me that he had just cancelled the work order becuase he believed it was an area outage (even though it wasn't, becuase my modem is bloddy working!).

I eventually hung up on him as I didn't want to take it out on him (even though it was his fault!) for cancelling something for the wrong reason.

Now, I'm here: I've got a borrowed splitter, which I'll have to put back, a bitter taste in my mouth again from TSB and still no real apology from Kellys for disconnecting my cab even though I have a live service into the property.

</moan>

My question, as hinted in the title, is are there any service techs out there that are willing to post me 2 Y-splitters (3db) so I have a) have one for my omni box and return the otherone b) have one spare JUST IN CASE.

For all the smart arses (and yes, there are alot of you), I know that Kellys are only doing this do simply prompt a call from me to them to get the box picked up, which isn't a problem.. STB Collections who have now got an appointment in which is 100% with my work pattern.

But still, it's not poilcy to do an omni disconnect on an active account!

EBO48
10-02-2006, 21:12
why is it ntl' s and kellys fault that you have been disconected after you have not replied to any of the notes they have left and why do you want a splitter when you only have one service i.e BB

DamienGiles
10-02-2006, 21:17
Hi,

It's kellys fault a) becuase it's not one of their processes to disconnect at the omni.

b) They tried pickup twice, over 2 weeks, on the 2nd occasion disconnecting at the omni.

They should not remove active services on from the property if it's to obtain a disconnected DTV from 2 weeks.

The reason I need the splitter, becuase this is what I borrowed from another omni box, which needs returning.

Unfortunatly, I have the pleasure of working for NTL, so I know that this is not not one of the processes that recovery follow.

I know why they've done it, but too many calls come through from customers (who have no reason it was an omni disconnect) becuase an additional box hasn't been collected for 7 days - try an explain to them thats why their BB and their other 3 boxes arn't working.

Bill C
10-02-2006, 21:22
Hi,

It's kellys fault a) because it's not one of their processes to disconnect at the omnibox.

b) They tried pickup twice, over 2 weeks, on the 2nd occasion disconnecting at the omnibox.

They should not remove active services on from the property if it's to obtain a disconnected DTV from 2 weeks.

The reason I need the splitter, because this is what I borrowed from another omnibox box, which needs returning.

Unfortunately, I have the pleasure of working for NTL, so I know that this is not not one of the processes that recovery follow.

I know why they've done it, but too many calls come through from customers (who have no reason it was an omnibox disconnect) because an additional box hasn't been collected for 7 days - try an explain to them that's why their BB and their other 3 boxes arent working.
And for all this it gives you the right to steal a splitter from another box. Did you contact them on the occasions that they left notes or did you just think **** it ?.

If you need to return the splitter fine.

If you only have one product then all you need is a f to f for your property :)

SLM
10-02-2006, 22:29
And for all this it gives you the right to steal a splitter from another box. Did you contact them on the occasions that they left notes or did you just think **** it ?.

Also if you are not getting a service you are paying for ring ntl faults up and they will send a tech out with said barrel connector.

Sorry for offending you if I am wrong but this stinks of chipped boxes etc.

PS1
10-02-2006, 22:36
Id of thought that somebody dodgy enough to be running a chipped box wouldnt be that bothered(or honest enough) to worry about replacing a nicked splitter?:confused:

DamienGiles
11-02-2006, 02:57
Sorry,

lets get this straight.

I'm not running any chipped boxes. I pay for BB, so I wish to receive it. What I don't appreciate is being cut of for a service that I'm paying for.

The splitter is from an abandoned house that has been vacant for 2+ yrs, however, I wish to return this when my service has been resumed.

I don't see this as unfair, as I'm not affecting anyone else, and you're incorrect (no, you're not being rude) about the chipped boxes.

---------- Post added at 01:57 ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 ----------

Bill,

I received the notes within 2 weeks of each other, sure I pressed this as a back burner as I've known custoemrs to wait 2,3 maybe even 4 months before returning a box.

Ofcourse the boxes are rentals, I don't expect to retain something that isn't mine, again, I quote that I understand why they did it, I know that Kellys get about 40+ of these jobs per day, which are incentive based, but to cut someones relative service based on a box not returned within 14days is unacceptable - don't you think?

timewarrior2001
11-02-2006, 10:48
Sorry,

lets get this straight.

I'm not running any chipped boxes. I pay for BB, so I wish to receive it. What I don't appreciate is being cut of for a service that I'm paying for.

The splitter is from an abandoned house that has been vacant for 2+ yrs, however, I wish to return this when my service has been resumed.

I don't see this as unfair, as I'm not affecting anyone else, and you're incorrect (no, you're not being rude) about the chipped boxes.

---------- Post added at 01:57 ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 ----------

Bill,

I received the notes within 2 weeks of each other, sure I pressed this as a back burner as I've known custoemrs to wait 2,3 maybe even 4 months before returning a box.

Ofcourse the boxes are rentals, I don't expect to retain something that isn't mine, again, I quote that I understand why they did it, I know that Kellys get about 40+ of these jobs per day, which are incentive based, but to cut someones relative service based on a box not returned within 14days is unacceptable - don't you think?

I think you should have returned the box within 14 days.

tough luck really, it is all your own fault.

SLM
11-02-2006, 12:38
Sorry,

lets get this straight.

Damien Giles I think the reason I and others thought you had chipped boxes was that you where after a splitter, with you only having BB you would not need anything but a barrel connector (to link your the outside cable to the inside one).
Like I wrote in my 1st post ring ntl up and get them to come and reconnect you.:)

DamienGiles
11-02-2006, 14:05
SLM, Thanks.

Good news, after ringing TSB the second time as mentioned, they said there would be no engineer call today...

Today, turns out the engineer came, I explained to him what happened and he just laughed.

Thankfully, now I have a small collection of splitters just in case... returned the one back to the other omni box so now all happy.

UncleBooBoo
11-02-2006, 14:53
NTL always ask for connections to be disconnected at the cab whenever you cancel a service, does not matter if you still have an active service.

I cancelled a second set top box and they had me down for disconnection even though I had TV, BB & TELCO still active in the property. They are a bunch of muppets who couldn't run a pi** up in a brewery!

Lucky for me the bloke who called to collect my STB had enough sense to wait until he had spoken to me, and that was because his paper work indicated my account had a zero balance and everyone elses on his list had an outstanding balance.

Funny enough he laughed too!

EDIT: Then again my green cab that runs the tv service is left open flaping in the wind, it has done for the past four years. So I would have just gone and plugged my service back in! (Don't bother screaming terms & conditions etc)