PDA

View Full Version : 10 Meg Poor Connection - Where's the engineer?

bbr81
04-02-2006, 15:23
I have a 120 home modem on a 10mb line. Over the last 2 weeks my connection keeps failing after about 1hr, I have to then reboot my modem to get it to work. Below are some stats on my modem. I have contacted NTL (overseas support) - they said the engineer department will contact me and arrange a visit - no one has contacted me yet! (they asked for my telelphone number, thought they would have that through my account details!)

Can anyone here help?

Cable Modem Configuration
Type : Ambit ETH/USB Combo Cable ModemCable modem : Ambit Cable ModemIP address : <deleted>
Downstream Receive Power Level : 0.78 dBmv
Downstream SNR : 35.34 dB
Upstream Transmit Power Level : 52.00 dBmv
Operation Configuration
Network Access : EnabledMaximum Downstream Data Rate : 10240000 bpsMaximum Upstream Data Rate : 512000 bpsMaximum Number of CPEs : 1Software Upgrade File Name : ntlhm120_ntl0002.cprSoftware Upgrade AdminStatus : ignoreProvisioningUpgradeSoftware Upgrade OperStatus : completeFromMgt

MovedGoalPosts
05-02-2006, 01:30
I've moved this to a thread of it's own. There was no need to post in three separate threads - that will just lead to a disjointed answer to your issue.

---------- Post added at 01:30 ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 ----------

When did support say they would an engineer would contact you. Phone faults and tell them soemone was supposed to be calling. See what they say.

Chris W
05-02-2006, 21:25
When i worked in tech support, the SLA for a callback of this kind was 48 hours (not sure if it is still the same though). how long ago did you speak to ntl?

Also there will be a contact number on your account, however some people prefer to give a mobile/ work number so tis better that they take the number than miss you when they try to call at home :)