PDA

View Full Version : Telewest Service

stevenalis
02-02-2006, 21:34
Just thought I'd provide my involvement with BY technical support.

Like most of you I had my account upgraded to 4Mb last Friday and noticed a quick download speed. Highly impressed.

However, by Sunday speeds were slow so I thought I'd try 10Mb and upgraded on line and received email to say 48 hours wait.

Speeds were slow so I spoke to BY and they said "too many connections open" after I ran "netstat" so i ran another syware remover but no improvement. Told there was a problem in my area so did nothing else.

Spoke to BY again today and no progress had been made on my 10Mb upgrade so they actioned it on the telephone. Speeds too slow but told ...... you guessed it "problem in my area".

Anyway, email to their forum at 19-44 as read on this forum that my seven year modem can't cope with the new speeds. At 20-25 email back stating that technician coming Saturday.

Their technical guys on the phone are crap but this service is pretty good I think.

Let you know what happens!!

Steve

nicke261192
03-02-2006, 17:25
seven year old god how big is it?

telecom69
05-02-2006, 04:42
Im not so sure that even a more up to date modem will fix things very much,its down to the old age problem of BlueYonder being over subscribed,its always been that way,it depends on how many people local to you subscibe to BlueYonder broadband,if there are many then you can only have your share,but if there are only a few then its a much better service,liken it to water supply,if everyone local turned on their taps at the same time your water pressure would drop alarmingly, and as for weekends and school holidays forget it,as there are millions of kids online downloading everything in sight,for proof of this,try your speeds in the early hours and you will see such a dramatic improvement...BlueYonder dont really care all they want are the monthly subscriptions,and they will keep fobbing you off with all sorts of excuses,lets hope that someday soon technology will be able to overcome this situation of far too many people sharing a limited service ....am I right or wrong? you tell me.....

Cawker
09-02-2006, 10:09
Im not so sure that even a more up to date modem will fix things very much,its down to the old age problem of BlueYonder being over subscribed,its always been that way,it depends on how many people local to you subscibe to BlueYonder broadband,if there are many then you can only have your share,but if there are only a few then its a much better service,liken it to water supply,if everyone local turned on their taps at the same time your water pressure would drop alarmingly, and as for weekends and school holidays forget it,as there are millions of kids online downloading everything in sight,for proof of this,try your speeds in the early hours and you will see such a dramatic improvement...BlueYonder dont really care all they want are the monthly subscriptions,and they will keep fobbing you off with all sorts of excuses,lets hope that someday soon technology will be able to overcome this situation of far too many people sharing a limited service ....am I right or wrong? you tell me.....

The SB3100 cant handle 10mb.

They will replace all SB3100 modems for user that are on 10mb or going to be on 10

Pø†øƒGøLÐ
10-02-2006, 08:15
The SB3100 cant handle 10mb.

They will replace all SB3100 modems for user that are on 10mb or going to be on 10

What about the Webstar DPX100 :confused:

Cawker
10-02-2006, 11:05
What about the Webstar DPX100 :confused:

Webstar is fine

space
11-02-2006, 23:09
Webstar is fine

Webstar epc2100 isn't fine.

I've discovered there are 2 versions, a white and a yellow label (v1 or v2 firmware) and the white label v1 firmware model has the same problem as an sb3100.