15-11-2003, 00:20
Not me!:drunk:

Shaun
15-11-2003, 01:10
Not me!:drunk:

:beer: me neither :drunk:

th'engineer
15-11-2003, 07:21
I thought it was the CD you get with NTL BB that one that is no use nor ornament

Seb
15-11-2003, 09:33
I thought it was the CD you get with NTL BB that one that is no use nor ornament

Correct it is the Broadband Installer CD, and yes you are correct that is of no use!!

[OFF TOPIC]
I installed Broadband on my mates computer on Thursday evening, using the CD. It was absolutely hopeless... it asks for details and then "checks them with the server". We entered the first name, surname, confirmed it, entered the pin and telephone number. Clicked check button... "An error has occured, internal error" After checking we had entered everything right, we were puzzled. Well what it doesnt say is that you have to put your initial in the 'first name' field. Muppets!

Only took three hours in the end... an easy installation, oh yeah! Had to end up registering it on the 62.blah blah blah address.
[/OFF TOPIC]

Sorry for goin :notopic:, but i did partly answer your question! :D

Seb

th'engineer
15-11-2003, 10:40
Correct it is the Broadband Installer CD, and yes you are correct that is of no use!!

[OFF TOPIC]
I installed Broadband on my mates computer on Thursday evening, using the CD. It was absolutely hopeless... it asks for details and then "checks them with the server". We entered the first name, surname, confirmed it, entered the pin and telephone number. Clicked check button... "An error has occured, internal error" After checking we had entered everything right, we were puzzled. Well what it doesnt say is that you have to put your initial in the 'first name' field. Muppets!

Only took three hours in the end... an easy installation, oh yeah! Had to end up registering it on the 62.blah blah blah address.
[/OFF TOPIC]

Sorry for goin :notopic:, but i did partly answer your question! :D

SebA friend of mine has found a use for the case to put other cds in, it is usefull

Seb
15-11-2003, 10:49
A friend of mine has found a use for the case to put other cds in, it is usefull

Ha ha, i like the initiative!

Also i forgot to mention, that every time my mate boots up his PC it asks for the installer CD to be inserted! (I think that that might be start of a new thread)

Seb

Andy E
15-11-2003, 19:06
Heres how to cure that problem with virtual truck exe asking for cd........
Click Start, click Run.
Enter msconfig and click OK.
Click tab Win.ini to bring it to the front.
Click the [+] sign beside [windows] to expand this item.
If you see an entry run= involving \vtagent\reboot.exe, then uncheck it.
Click OK to exit the System Configuration Utility

restart machine
presto

Andy E
NTL pirate

Atomic22
15-11-2003, 19:27
i installed broadjump/correctconnect the day i signed up to ntl....
no problem whatsoever with the installation even a 5 year old could do it ,so anyone experiencing loading problems are probably installing it wrong....
far from being useless its very handy for checking and testing all of your connections to ntl and the internet and gives you a visual sign of anything amiss.....

DerekRothwell
08-12-2003, 21:21
i installed broadjump/correctconnect the day i signed up to ntl....
no problem whatsoever with the installation even a 5 year old could do it ,so anyone experiencing loading problems are probably installing it wrong....
far from being useless its very handy for checking and testing all of your connections to ntl and the internet and gives you a visual sign of anything amiss.....

This has to be the first post i`ve ever seen that does not think that Broadjump/Correct Connect is just a pile of steaming poo....
:naughty:

Derek
08-12-2003, 22:02
my best friend asked me what 'braodjump' meant on her ntl bill

we both have 150k connections

hers said broadjump

mine said broadband

anyone shed any light?

It's the same thing but just a different wording for the broadband charge has been applied to your bill.

Under certain promotions etc a certain type of charge had to be applied and sometime they are worded differently for the same charge.

2||Para
08-12-2003, 22:06
The installation disc is far from useless...

Makes a lovely coaster and yes case can be recycled!!

Thankyou NTL

Dooby
09-12-2003, 12:27
did your friend have dial up before... isnt BroadJump also some sort of promotion to get people from dial up onto 150k??