PDA

View Full Version : Moving to a Differant ISP like Bulldog

chrischambers
28-01-2006, 10:35
I have been with NTL for over 6 years, with all they diffeant packages "TV, Phone and Broadband" in the past NTL has given me a very bad services so I had moved my TV package to Sky.

I am now looking to move my broadband to a differance ISP, like bullbog, but I have beed informed that SKy and bollbog does not work well together, some about a phone prefix.

can anyone sugest a good ISP, who can supply a good services, on the cheap.

caroline
28-01-2006, 11:00
Hi m8

lol been there done that, looked about but honestly ntl is the best, WHEN IT RUNS OK and believe me i have had problems, the first thing is its not whats the best out there its whats available to you in your area and then its not dump the one you have and get another one the next day you have to wait about 3 weeks or more,i take it you have had a number of phone calls to ntl about your problems, just try one more phone call and tell them to sort it out or your going elce where.
best of luck :)

nicke261192
28-01-2006, 14:36
ever heard of my bulldog hell.co.uk? if you can recieve blueyonder i would recommend it as its £15 for 2MB no caps £25 for 4MB no caps and £35 for 10MB no caps

MovedGoalPosts
28-01-2006, 14:39
Thread moved to Other ISPs discussion

AdamD
28-01-2006, 18:02
I'm on bulldog, it's GOOD when it works and you dont have to contact customer services.
They are improving, slowly

I'm not 100% sure how far from the exchange I am, but I get speeds upto about 1.2mb per second (although that's rare)
On average, i'm around 880kb/sec to 950kb/sec ish.

Chris W
28-01-2006, 21:03
have you considered UKonline and Homechoice as well? Two other LLU isps who have better reputations than Bulldog.

Wanadoo are also worth considering as well if you are after high speeds because they are offering <8meg now too.

have a look here (http://www.samknows.com/broadband/checker2.php) to find out which ISPs cover your area :)

chrischambers
29-01-2006, 10:12
Hi m8

lol been there done that, looked about but honestly ntl is the best, WHEN IT RUNS OK and believe me i have had problems, the first thing is its not whats the best out there its whats available to you in your area and then its not dump the one you have and get another one the next day you have to wait about 3 weeks or more,i take it you have had a number of phone calls to ntl about your problems, just try one more phone call and tell them to sort it out or your going elce where.
best of luck :)

I am glad that I am not the only one who is having problems with NTL.
it is becoming a pain in the neck, there I am buying for a services, where I would like to have 24/7 access to the internet, and all I am getting is a AS and THEN services.

How can you check the speed of your connection. I once heard that you can download a Mega a Min. is this true.

nicke261192
29-01-2006, 12:13
not everyone can get homechoise though chrischambers lives in the south uk so it is possible check this link (http://www.homechoice.co.uk/pcode/postcode.checker)

chrischambers
29-01-2006, 13:28
not everyone can get homechoise though chrischambers lives in the south uk so it is possible check this link (http://www.homechoice.co.uk/pcode/postcode.checker)

thank you nicke, I can't get homechoise in my area, but I am looking at ISDN/ADSL supply's