PDA

View Full Version : Browser - very slow

caroline
21-01-2006, 16:14
any engineer know why my brouser is running slow between pages, was fine this morning, in the sg6 1qb area.

Ignition
21-01-2006, 18:20
It's tired.

I presume it's a stupid question asking if you've called TS about it?

caroline
21-01-2006, 20:42
ts ??? haveny phoned anyone, get a better responce and honesty from here.

SnoopZ
21-01-2006, 20:52
Ts = technical support

caroline
21-01-2006, 21:10
oh i see lol, like i say i get much more help in here, so can any engineer look into my area and see if anything is going on, and yes i have done a scan and nothing coming up.

Ignition
21-01-2006, 21:14
It's not as easy as that, and as I mentioned to you in private after you seemed to hope to use me as your personal tech support a while ago back when I was working for ntl people tend to prefer you to help yourself before they start checking these things.

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=15305

Will help.

Bill C
21-01-2006, 21:20
ts ??? haveny phoned anyone, get a better responce and honesty from here.

Indeed you might but then you might not. Depends on a NTL Engineer being here for starters. Then he needs access to your area from home on his night off.

Better for you to contact Ts who have access to the stats for your area and have the ability to call out a network engineer if needed. That will get things done quicker than waiting for someone to show up who works in your area and is willing to help those that try to help themselves by doing the needed stuff first.

caroline
21-01-2006, 21:31
yes i know what you said, and i was very greatful for your help before and yes i do phone ntl myself but as most people have said i dont rate them for instance[wasnt going to post this as its sorted] last week i phoned them as my internet went down, they told me they were doing maintance on the line and it would be back on by the afternoon, which it wasnt, a further call and they said sunday, which it still wasnt, so i phoned up monday, someone who did help found out that it was my ip address but couldnt help me get the right one the one, before that tc said i needed to format my computer as windows was corrupted and install a new one and then my ip address would be ok, anyway i took some advice from a shop who laughed but said he could fix it which when i hooked my pc up again it was, so you see i wasnt just relying on you but the very helpful people on here i have little knowledge of computers and this forum has been a godsend.
thankyou:)

Stuart
21-01-2006, 21:43
It's a bit late now, but I would recommend you phone TS if the problem is still occurring tommorrow. We do have NTL personnel here, but they may not be able to help UNTIL you have registered a call.

Also, in the event it needs to be passed up to somebody else (one of the team's contacts within NTL), we cannot do so (at all) unless you have called NTL.

caroline
21-01-2006, 21:44
ok thanx :)