PDA

View Full Version : whats the deal

big_blue
19-01-2006, 13:27
with my internet being off for the last 2 days? just come back on this second, how long for is anyones guess. i live in Manchester, and its quickly becoming a joke now. Seriously considering cancelling the whle package.

nffc
19-01-2006, 13:29
Maybe there was a fault in the area which was being repaired :rolleyes:

Did you ring TS and / or faults to find out?

Your BB is a privilege, despite the fact you pay money for the service they cannot, and do not, guarantee 24/7 uptime.

Some homes still can't get broadband in the UK...

KevAmiga
19-01-2006, 14:34
Call 0800 052 4315 - Service status line. Is your post code there? If not call TS on 0845 650 0121. No point moaning on CF, give em a call, if its a fault get a tech out. Its what you pay for at the end of the day.

sicknote
19-01-2006, 21:51
damm you two are all heart :)

Smilie
19-01-2006, 23:04
think he will get a refund if he ask???
think i remember reading people getting refunded for days without connection

SLM
19-01-2006, 23:29
think he will get a refund if he ask???
think i remember reading people getting refunded for days without connection

The only time he should get a refund if its ntl at fault with no connection if its been 2 days and he has not reported it why should ntl give a refund.....hell if they did I would ring in and say I have not had service for 5 years and see what they say>>>

---------- Post added at 23:29 ---------- Previous post was at 23:27 ----------

with my internet being off for the last 2 days? just come back on this second, how long for is anyones guess. i live in Manchester, and its quickly becoming a joke now. Seriously considering cancelling the whle package.

You should ring in and report the fault that way you will be getting what you are paying for.....but give them a chance before ditching them.

nffc
19-01-2006, 23:34
damm you two are all heart :)
Consider yourself lucky. If you have any issues with what I was saying, which was to help you, then either
- debate it
- or report it

Either way, I'll know not to bother next time.

danielf
19-01-2006, 23:54
Consider yourself lucky. If you have any issues with what I was saying, which was to help you, then either
- debate it
- or report it

If I'm not mistaken sicknote was not the orginal poster? :shrug:

nffc
19-01-2006, 23:59
- debate it
- or report it

If I'm not mistaken sicknote was not the orginal poster? :shrug:
Point still stands, rather than making sarky comments when people try then do something constructive. Hardly matters.

HD462
20-01-2006, 01:59
Your BB is a privilege, despite the fact you pay money for the service they cannot, and do not, guarantee 24/7 uptime.

If you read your post back, you'll see it's you that was making the 'sarky' comments, at least that's the way it sounds.

BB is not a privilege at all, it's a service you pay for like any other, and you expect it to work, most of the time. If not then you are entitled to recompense within reason, if they fail to restore service within a reasonable time.

Whether some homes still can't get broadband is beside the point. If they can't get it, they won't be paying for it either.

I did get a refund from them a few years ago when on dial up on a fixed monthly fee, before their broadband. I was having loads of trouble with the connection at the time, and had to resort to a backup Freeserve pay by the minute connection.

After having repeated calls to try to get it sorted out, and it dragging out over a couple of months, I told them I was considering pulling all my services. They agreed to credit £10 a month to my account to offset my Freeserve charges having to use an alternative connection.

It did eventually get sorted out, but it shows, they do sometimes pay compensation for loss of service.

nffc
20-01-2006, 11:13

If you read your post back, you'll see it's you that was making the 'sarky' comments, at least that's the way it sounds.

BB is not a privilege at all, it's a service you pay for like any other, and you expect it to work, most of the time. If not then you are entitled to recompense within reason, if they fail to restore service within a reasonable time.

Whether some homes still can't get broadband is beside the point. If they can't get it, they won't be paying for it either.

I did get a refund from them a few years ago when on dial up on a fixed monthly fee, before their broadband. I was having loads of trouble with the connection at the time, and had to resort to a backup Freeserve pay by the minute connection.

After having repeated calls to try to get it sorted out, and it dragging out over a couple of months, I told them I was considering pulling all my services. They agreed to credit £10 a month to my account to offset my Freeserve charges having to use an alternative connection.

It did eventually get sorted out, but it shows, they do sometimes pay compensation for loss of service.
True but from what the OP said it inferred he'd not rang to find out if there was a reason why the connection was down.

And also NTL don't guarantee 24/7 uptime at least not on a home a/c.

big_blue
20-01-2006, 12:37
Just to let everyone know, i phoned NTL helpline and they sent out a techy which came this morning. He performed a couple of tests and said the signal is weak and it happens a lot, went outside and 'fiddled' (strengthened the signal) came back, unplugged it, plugged it back in and it works a treat now.

Even gave me his own mobile (fellow City fan) incase anything happens in the future. Sorted.

nffc
20-01-2006, 22:42
He may well have increased the gain or removed the attenuator or something... glad it's sorted. (Now how's about ringing next time it's down before moaning? ;))