PDA

View Full Version : Required set top box for 10 meg

Kurt Alden
16-01-2006, 18:42
Hey all

NLT are saying that I'll be upgraded to 10 meg sooner or later (or maybe I have been already). They also say that you need a newer set top box otherwise I'll (I@ll) only get 5 meg. Does anyone know if the current, newer silver boxes are up to running at 10 meg?

SLM
16-01-2006, 19:15
The max the samsung will give you is 5 meg like you have been told (1 meg on the pace), the only way you will get 10 meg is a stand alone cable modem, which there may be a big waiting list for now as there seems to alot of people wanting 10 meg.

JohnHorb
16-01-2006, 20:01
The max the samsung will give you is 5 meg like you have been told (1 meg on the pace), the only way you will get 10 meg is a stand alone cable modem, which there may be a big waiting list for now as there seems to alot of people wanting 10 meg.

...and also a £50 charge.

marky
16-01-2006, 20:35
...and also a £50 charge.

If they want £50 i would go to retentions,
Its not your fault if the there equipment cant handle there services.

JohnHorb
16-01-2006, 20:42
agreed - I'll do that eventually, but at the moment the network is so bad I can't even get anything like 5MB, so no point going for a SACM until/unless they can sort the network out.

patrickp
16-01-2006, 23:38

Ironic, really, I got my cable modem when I wanted to get a Samsung box instead of a Pace to upgrade from 1Mb to 2Mb. At that time, there was a shortage of Samsung boxes and it didn't look like I was ever going to get one, so someone in CS suggested I take a cable modem instead. I did, and am I glad now I made that decision! ;-)