PDA

View Full Version : Dabs Direct - aaarrrrggggg !

Paul
11-11-2003, 16:07
If you think NTL are bad, you should try Dabs Direct.

I buy a lot of small stuff for work using my corporate credit card and I decided to open an account with dabs. So I filled in my e-mail address and other details and ordered my first item. Great you think.

So a day later I decide to order something else, I try to log in and it refuses to let me, says I got the password wrong - so I try the "fogotten password" link and it says my e-mail address does not exist. In the meantime, their system is happily sending progress e-mails for my first order to my "non existant" e-mail address :rolleyes:

I e-mail their support with the above details and a day later they mail me back a link to registration problems :mad: did the idiots not read my e-mail, I'm already registered and have ordered, I just can't login again.

I e-mail them again, several days later they say "there was a problem, it's fixed now". Great - except it's not fixed, it still says I don't exist. In the meantime my first order has arrived and the invoice was e-mailed to me (yes, to the address they say doesn't exist). :grind:

I have e-mailed them again to point out that I cannot log in and hence I cannot do business with them - no reply at all after three weeks and I still cannot log in. :banghead:

In conclusion, this firm is the biggest bunch of ******s I have ever had the mis-fortune to deal with - my advice to anyone is avoid them like the plague, use Ebuyer or something [anything] else (I have never had a problem with ebuyer and they are generally cheaper as well).

As for Dabs .... :2up:

basa
11-11-2003, 16:15
I've always used eBuyer...they are great !! But even they pale in comparison to Crucial (I know they only do memory) ! I ordered a stick of memory online on a Friday morning and it was on my doorstep Saturday morning !!! :eek:

Chimaera
11-11-2003, 16:19
Yeah - don't touch Empire with a bargepole either - they wanted to REPAIR a brand new mini disc player I bought from them - I had to argue my case for a refund - only took 2 weeks because it had to be 'authorised'. They have never heard of the 'sale of goods act'!!
They also tried to charge me for repairs to my daughter's mini disc player - when it was only 6 months old.
To Empire i say :2up:

Ramrod
11-11-2003, 16:37
I've always used eBuyer...they are great !! But even they pale in comparison to Crucial (I know they only do memory) ! I ordered a stick of memory online on a Friday morning and it was on my doorstep Saturday morning !!! :eek:I always use thse two. They are good!

Chris
11-11-2003, 17:11
I've always used eBuyer...they are great !! But even they pale in comparison to Crucial (I know they only do memory) ! I ordered a stick of memory online on a Friday morning and it was on my doorstep Saturday morning !!! :eek:
I can't fault Crucial. My memory upgrade arrived so fast I was astonished, and at a very good price indeed. I will certainly use them again, especially if they diversify and sell more stuff with the same efficiency. :)

Nutty
19-09-2004, 17:20
Yeah Crucial are good, shame they dont do really high end memory like Corsair tho.

MadGamer
19-09-2004, 17:55
Play.com
Amazon
Ebay

Charlie_Bubble
19-09-2004, 18:05
I use Ebuyer and scan. Ebuyer use City Link which puts them down in my book. City Link are without doubt the most incompetent bunch of tools ever!

greencreeper
19-09-2004, 18:28
I ordered a video card from Dabs and it sounded like a Flymo - did my head in. I sent it back but I couldn't order another because they had none, so I ordered a different card. It was clearly second-hand - the card and fan had a film of dust. So I sent it back and forgot the whole idea. I miss Jungle :( Bloody Argos - no idea about business. A really strong brand like Jungle in a world (i.e. online) where it's difficult to build brands, and they dismantle it and replace it with their crappy site that sells only a fraction of the stock range.

Gareth
21-09-2004, 14:13
I agree with WayneA, Play.com are great - I love 'em. Great prices for products and free shipping to boot! :)
However, ebay kinda depends on the person you're buying from so can be hit or miss, and I don't really have any opinion on Amazon as I've only bought 2 things from them over the past 4 years.