PDA

View Full Version : TW CM Move

dvoodoo
13-01-2006, 20:59
I move house next friday and currently have the telewest 10MB service. The flat that I am moving to is 2 doors from my current flat and has telewest connections in it. If I move my modem will I be able to pick up my connection. Or do I need to wait for the Engineers to move it for me. (Who knows when that will happen?)

MovedGoalPosts
14-01-2006, 00:11
:welcome: to Cable Forum :D

You should arrange for Telewest to move you. The modem and account is set to your current property.

Even though in the same building, the cable companies are rapidly installing kit to prevent modems and the like being moved around so as to prevent theft of service.

Ignition
14-01-2006, 23:52
:welcome: to Cable Forum :D

You should arrange for Telewest to move you. The modem and account is set to your current property.

Even though in the same building, the cable companies are rapidly installing kit to prevent modems and the like being moved around so as to prevent theft of service.

Won't do anything for a 2 doors down job, but it's essential that the billing details are moved though.

Not sure what you mean by 'rapidly installing kit', news to me dude, the functionality has been there all along in the existing stuff but it's impossible to stop modems being moved within a very small area. It's also harmless though as it's the same modem, and if another modem is cloned off it neither will work, so the original modem needs to be legitimate and paid up to date :)