PDA

View Full Version : new instalation.. how?

markmark
11-01-2006, 23:54
helllo everyone.. im new, i hope someone can help me. ive recently moved to a property with ntl in the street but not at the house (theres a round cap jus outside the drive).. ive contacted customer services who say they do not run cables anymore.. surely this isnt right?.. it only needs about 4 metres of cable to get it to the house.. can anyone recommend who i should contact to get it installed... ntl are realy driving me nuts.. ive spoken to 3 people there so far.. 2 have said sorry not possible.. and the third said it was, but the date she gave me.. nobody turned up. am i askin too much to be a NTL customer?.. thanks in advance. i will try an get back here asap. mark

atlantis
12-01-2006, 00:27
aside from ringing NTL once more, best advise I can give is to PM one of the mods, they have someone inside NTL who can cut through the brick walls that some customer services staff put up to you.
I'm sure one of them will be here soon to help and advise you further, good luck.

MovedGoalPosts
12-01-2006, 00:35
Ntl do not install new cable ducts, as in dig up the street, but if the cable duct already exists they should install it. Does the ntl website show you can get the service if you put in your house postcode?

markmark
12-01-2006, 00:39
im staying here till 1am tonight. i agree with u atlantis about the brick walls, if i knew what was down those tubes on the pavement ,i'd connect my own cables!! ive looked at most of the houses in the street.. 90% of them have 2 wires coming out of the tubes.. and then run ontop of the gardens in blue trunking up to the wall of each house.. how hard is that?.. anyway.. i look forward to a real solution..btw.. was it just me. or was the ending of tonights 'LOST' total rubbish?..

---------- Post added at 00:39 ---------- Previous post was at 00:36 ----------

hi rob.. yes.. the ducts are there right outside the drive.. the ntl look up says its not possible to have any services.. yet every other house in the street has it.

Admin Edit (Stuart): Postcode and house number removed.

Stuart
12-01-2006, 01:27
Generally, we don't recommend you post personal details on the forum. Please bear in mind that with freely available tools, given your house number and postcode, anyone who happens to be reading could work out exactly where you live. They may or may not be trustworthy.

If you need to send personal details to any forum member, click on their name and select "Send Private Message".