PDA

View Full Version : Broadband's been cut off!

Jim galbally
07-01-2006, 18:28
I got home from work yesterday to find my internet wasnt working. afer much mucking about checked the config on the modem and it started Network Access: Dened :(

rung up tech support who went through a huge long script at t the very end said "hold on il check your account... it'sbeen susended" (why was this not checked 1st after i told him what was hapening, he kept asking bout flashing lights... lol)

anyway i then got put to customer services. i was told the acess had been suspended because no direct debit had been set up! (aparently i need 2 DDs, 1 for tv/phone and 1 for BB which i had never heard about etc. and was obviously a mistake on NTLs part when setting the account up) she set up the DD and said i should speak to credit control tomorrow (today)

so, i did and they said they turned it back on (and the ready Light on the mdem sudelly it up :) )

great i thought!

still not working (giving me 169 addy) :( after much feckin about i unplugged the signl cable to give me 192 ddy and ooked a the modem config.

it said networkaccess: denied nd up/down speed at 0

is this normal?

to re-cap
signal cable in - 169.x adress
signal cable out - 192.168.x address

DAMN NTL!!!!!

iain_herts
07-01-2006, 18:33
hi have u tryed powering off the modem for 30 secs. dont forget to also turn off your pc.

power pc/modem off

wait 30 secs

turn on modem and wait for all lights to settle

turn on pc

hope this helps you

Jim galbally
07-01-2006, 18:45
yep tried it all mate.

i get a solid ready light on the modem (250)

but its not getting an IP when plugged in

Chris W
07-01-2006, 19:48
my guess it that the modem has not actually been reinstated on ntl's system properly... another call to ntl is in order i'm afraid :(

Jim galbally
07-01-2006, 20:06
ok just got home (was at GF's when i posted that message) and now it's working :top:

but ive got a wierd IP address...

86.8.90.XXX

ive never had one like that before it's normally 80something.1 (was 80something.2 on STB)

grubbymitts
08-01-2006, 21:44
that's a fine ip address, don't worry. It'll probably change again in a couple of weeks.

Jim galbally
09-01-2006, 19:31
they cut me off AGAIN today!

rang customer services and they said no DD had been set up (same as before) i explained that it had. he dissapeared for 5minutes and then came back and said the DD had been set up, and that he had re-activated the broadband.

so that's TWICE i've been cut off in 4 days through no fault of my own!!

MovedGoalPosts
09-01-2006, 19:35
hmm, gremlins in the ntl billing system. Lets hope they've updated it properly this time.

Jim galbally
09-01-2006, 21:22
it wasnt cut off automatically the 1st time, it was done by a person (as they said "i'll email the person that did it" ) dunno about this time.

it take shte mich really. especially considering i have paid the bill up till the 26th (ie i've had the full ammount debited from my account and the bill states its for the perio up to 26th)