PDA

View Full Version : house move - NTL to NTL

Jon M
07-11-2003, 14:30
moved house on wednesday...

used the online ntl:home moving house thing on the 28th (over a week ago).. no phonecall/feedback at all

phoned customer services monday who put me through to the "home moving team".. they took my details and said "an installation team will get in touch with a transfer date".. .. i'm still waiting.. 2 days offline so far..

whats my next move??

Nemesis
07-11-2003, 14:32
moved house on wednesday...

used the online ntl:home moving house thing on the 28th (over a week ago).. no phonecall/feedback at all

phoned customer services monday who put me through to the "home moving team".. they took my details and said "an installation team will get in touch with a transfer date".. .. i'm still waiting.. 2 days offline so far..

whats my next move??
Is this the same franchise ?

Jon M
07-11-2003, 14:33
/me points at thread title "NTL to NTL" ;)..

if you mean old C&W or straight NTL.. i have no idea

Nemesis
07-11-2003, 14:47
/me points at thread title "NTL to NTL" ;)..

if you mean old C&W or straight NTL.. i have no ideaI moved recently too, however I moved from the Langley platform to Bromley platform in the space of 5 miles .... had to cease in one and restart in another. Different franchises.

Jon M
10-11-2003, 08:14
:bump:

need some more feedback on this... i'm still without the promised call or text from the install team.. what is my next move?
will i just have to spend another hour on the blower to customer services again?

been without phone or net access for 5 days now :(

Jon M
10-11-2003, 15:06
update: just got the text message from them saying that "ntl homemovers.installation of service has been arranged for the earliest possible date of 26.11.03pm"
not impressed!! :grind: .. the guy on the phone said that as I had logged the request on the 28th Oct that he would make sure it gets done immeadiatly!! i'm seriously tempted to go elsewhere

Nemesis
10-11-2003, 15:10
update: just got the text message from them saying that
not impressed!! :grind: .. the guy on the phone said that as I had logged the request on the 28th Oct that he would make sure it gets done immeadiatly!! i'm seriously tempted to go elsewhere
Ok Now call them .... If they've got it logged when you called then you should have a reasonable chance .... If not PM OrangeBird and get the MD of that areas number and call them.

orangebird
10-11-2003, 15:14
update: just got the text message from them saying that

Have pm'd you some helpful numbers. :)

Nemesis
10-11-2003, 15:16
Have pm'd you some helpful numbers. :)
Thanks OB :wavey:

Jon M
10-11-2003, 15:21
cheers guys, i'll keep you updated :)
you've got PM OB ;)

Jon M
10-11-2003, 16:04
ok... hopefully we're getting to the light at the end of the preverbial tunnel.

mr. S was very helpful and apologetic, i was pleasantly surprised NOT to be palmed off to yet another department with a whole new call queue.. he promised to sort it out... and .. it looks like he has :)
my wife got a message (i gave her mobile as the point of contact) even before i could email her to tell her to be expecting a call..

still not impressed if this is how i have to go about getting things done in future though

i've now got an install date of 5:30pm onwards tomorrow

Nemesis
10-11-2003, 16:07
ok... hopefully we're getting to the light at the end of the preverbial tunnel.

mr. S was very helpful and apologetic, i was pleasantly surprised NOT to be palmed off to yet another department with a whole new call queue.. he promised to sort it out... and .. it looks like he has :)
my wife got a message (i gave her mobile as the point of contact) even before i could email her to tell her to be expecting a call..

still not impressed if this is how i have to go about getting things done in future though
I'd agree, but this is usually the last resort. I could've suggested this before ... but you have to give them the chance to sort it out via the normal channels first.

In this case it didn't work, but hopefully you'll be sorted now. Best of luck. :D

Jon M
10-11-2003, 16:10
yeah, i agree nemesis.. thats a given

i'm a patient guy really ;)

hopefully i'll be posting on here from home tomorrow night :)

orangebird
11-11-2003, 16:41
yeah, i agree nemesis.. thats a given

i'm a patient guy really ;)

hopefully i'll be posting on here from home tomorrow night :)

Any update? :)

Jon M
12-11-2003, 08:31
yup, the saga continues..

the install itself is done :) woohoo!!
the phone is fine.. so the missus is happy.. but.

it seems my NTL account has not been activated/transferred correctly as i can only get onto the "autoreg" registration page. the modem and line are definately up.. as the traceroute gets several hops into the route before it times out.. and the DNS is resolving the names.

what now :(

Nemesis
12-11-2003, 08:40
yup, the saga continues..

the install itself is done :) woohoo!!
the phone is fine.. so the missus is happy.. but.

it seems my NTL account has not been activated/transferred correctly as i can only get onto the "autoreg" registration page. the modem and line are definately up.. as the traceroute gets several hops into the route before it times out.. and the DNS is resolving the names.

what now :(
I managed to get them to agree to move the account over, but had to wait until thie install had completed ... like you now.... I phoned TS who moved over my email accounts etc within 10 mins ... Guy was a star. I suggest you call them first.

Jon M
12-11-2003, 08:55
will they need any details like modem MAC address etc?
if they do i'll have to get home before i ring up.

Marge
12-11-2003, 08:57
Try this link House Move (https://autoreg.autoregister.net/cgi/housemove)

Need to reactivate modem after house move normally

Jon M
12-11-2003, 18:02
woohoo.. we're in!! just got off the phone to TS .. everything is working luvley.

thanks to all who helped out...

turns out the account wasn't moved over to the new address.. :rolleyes:

Marge
12-11-2003, 18:16
woohoo.. we're in!! just got off the phone to TS .. everything is working luvley.

thanks to all who helped out...

turns out the account wasn't moved over to the new address.. :rolleyes:

Great News, glad to hear it !!!!

Nemesis
13-11-2003, 08:33
Happy to hear that it all got sorted ... welcome to NTL Hell :D

seaneeboy
24-11-2003, 15:31
Hello!

OK, i'm someone who's moved in the latest exodus from .com (the predictability of the situation made me want to weep) but I thought I'd start posting here as well...

Am moving in a similar situation to s1lv3r and phoned this morning to arrange the new install. I was assured of a phone call from the installation team by 4pm - half an hour to go and I'm betting it wont happen... Will keep everyone updated as I get more and more frustrated with them!

seaneeboy
24-11-2003, 16:02
Blimey! With 10 minutes to spare they call and set up an installation to take place within 24 hours of me moving in!

If they turn up this could be held up as an example to others!!

Nemesis
24-11-2003, 16:09
Blimey! With 10 minutes to spare they call and set up an installation to take place within 24 hours of me moving in!

If they turn up this could be held up as an example to others!!
Best of luck .. hope it all goes well

seaneeboy
17-12-2003, 14:50
Hello...

The SWAT team of installers turned up bang on time, installed in about 20 minutes and were off very sharpish even giving me a new remote and CD for broadband... and a new set top box - a 2000. doh. never mind eh, looks very clear and I still have audio out.

carthage
23-01-2004, 21:00
I moved recently too, however I moved from the Langley platform to Bromley platform in the space of 5 miles .... had to cease in one and restart in another. Different franchises.
Some parts of Surrey are part of old ntl - ie CWC Nynex and some parts of ntl are old ntl -

If you move interfrancise ie ntl-cwc area to ntl-cwc area - for example London to Bolton then the account in Londion has to be closed down and a new account in Bolton to be set up - billing accounts in London start with one digit and Bolton starts with another digit - They are also in Different Busienss units - Hope this helps