PDA

View Full Version : The Last Straw

Willc0
30-12-2005, 18:29
Right

That's it

After 5 engineering visits to fix the TV...

...THE PHONE HAS PACKED UP!

Calls going out work, but calls coming in the phone doesnt even ring.
It does ring on the phone that is calling, and eventully diverts to voicemail.
This has only happened since we had the phone number changed.
They didnt even care when I pointed this out, and wanted to send out an engineer. Didn't sound like they did any checks. Just said they need to send one out.

This is the end. Im ready to ditch NTL: for Sky and BT soon as the landlord oks it.

What I cant belive that NTL wont divert the number to a mobile like BT will do. Why not?! Its a fault, that is the networks faults, so why do people calling me have to pay more because of NTsmelLs fault!

[Sorry about any spelling mistakes, havent got the spell checker on this PC]

Mick
30-12-2005, 18:46
Hi Willco - Send me some details via Private message and I will send your issue to our ntl contacts to investigate. Thanks.

Willc0
30-12-2005, 19:37
Thanks Mick, PM sent :)

spike7451
31-12-2005, 15:57
Right

That's it

After 5 engineering visits to fix the TV...

...THE PHONE HAS PACKED UP!

Calls going out work, but calls coming in the phone doesnt even ring.
It does ring on the phone that is calling, and eventully diverts to voicemail.
This has only happened since we had the phone number changed.
They didnt even care when I pointed this out, and wanted to send out an engineer. Didn't sound like they did any checks. Just said they need to send one out.

This is the end. Im ready to ditch NTL: for Sky and BT soon as the landlord oks it.

What I cant belive that NTL wont divert the number to a mobile like BT will do. Why not?! Its a fault, that is the networks faults, so why do people calling me have to pay more because of NTsmelLs fault!

[Sorry about any spelling mistakes, havent got the spell checker on this PC]

NTL WILL divert calls to mobiles..at a cost! done it a few times on faults where the drop cable is scuppered ect.
The fault you discribe may not tho, be a network fault.You may have a faulty CTE-5 Master socket ( the is a capacitor which generates the ringig voltage off the line) or it could be a line card in the Mux.But up to 30 other customers may be affected & a tech would have been to the mux & checked it.
But,in all honesty,it sounds like your new number has'nt been provisioned right on the switch
Spike

Willc0
31-12-2005, 18:57
NTL WILL divert calls to mobiles..at a cost! done it a few times on faults where the drop cable is scuppered ect.
The fault you discribe may not tho, be a network fault.You may have a faulty CTE-5 Master socket ( the is a capacitor which generates the ringig voltage off the line) or it could be a line card in the Mux.But up to 30 other customers may be affected & a tech would have been to the mux & checked it.
But,in all honesty,it sounds like your new number has'nt been provisioned right on the switch
Spike

They said they woudlnt.

BT will do it if you forgo any claim of compensation, which I would rather do right now, since internation calls into the UK cost SO much more to a mobile than a land line.

Mick
31-12-2005, 19:32
Btw Willco - Sent your issue in lastnight - not sure when it will be looked at now.

Willc0
31-12-2005, 21:00
it sounds like your new number has'nt been provisioned right on the switch
Spike

Thats what I thought! But they did their tests (acully two falts people did) and they both said an enginear would need to come out.

---------- Post added at 20:00 ---------- Previous post was at 19:59 ----------

Btw Willco - Sent your issue in lastnight - not sure when it will be looked at now.

Thanks Mick.

I just want it all to work :(

Willc0
04-01-2006, 13:32
Had a phone call yesterday from NTL: phone issue has been sorted, and they are looking at the wider issues in our local area.
Things are looking far better now! :)