PDA

View Full Version : I've gone and done it......

Niles Crane
06-11-2003, 17:13
......i've brought a Gamecube.
My first console since i brought my Playstation in 1997.

Gamecube + 1 controller + 4mb memory card + all leads + Legends of Wrestling + NBA Courtside 2002 + James Bond 007: Nightfire. All for 89.99, on eBay.

Is that a good deal?

I was split between an Xbox and Gamecube, but went for Gamecube instead as i thought the only major advantage the Xbox had was online gaming, but as i use my PC for that im not too bothered.

Anyway, any games to reccomend? And is the Gamecube capable of online gaming, at all?

Boom
06-11-2003, 17:37
Well, you've made your choice, but will break it to you easy.

First online gaming for Gamecube ends at PSO, although tunneling looks to be possible in the near future for Mario Kart.

Second, IMO, good games to get that are exclusive to GC are Metroid, Zelda, Eternal Darkness, Ikaruga (my personal fav), Mario Sunshine, and Rogue Leader. Also good, though haven't got them is Viewtiful Joe, Super Money Ball, Rebel Strike (got it this morning, haven't played yet) and shortly MK : DD (should be excellent). Any other good games like SC2 and XIII are multi-platform.

As for the games you have with the bundle, I have absolutely no idea if they are any good, but I have one of them, Nightfire and that's on Xbox and it's fun, but nothing special. tbh, if it were me, I would have waited for the imminent Gamecube bundle of MK : DD and 5-game Zelda which should be announced for European release shortly.

I'm sure Tiga will post his own views.

TigaSefi
06-11-2003, 18:09
lol :D :p it okies the bundle... most of the games listed above by Boom are very very good.

Viewtiful Joe and F-Zero GX should most definitely be bought. Super Mario Sunshine and Metroid Prime are on player's choice range and should be sought at Amazon. Also Pikmin is a good game, though Pikmin 2 is out soon. I have 5 games in 5 weeks and I am absolutely struggling to play all of them. I still have Mario Kart to come.

TigaSefi
06-11-2003, 18:09
Oh and u NEED a way bigger memory card :D but that can come later. XIII comes to mind worth getting this month too. Online gaming is coming via tunnelling but it a case of wait and see.

Some titles to look forward to next year too

Mario Golf, Mario Tennis, Killer 7, Resident Evil 4, 1080 Avalanche, Arguably the best version of Prince Of Persia :D, R : Racing Evolution.

http://gamesradar.msn.co.uk/default.asp?subsectionid=153 - that takes u to the cube section.

Boom
07-11-2003, 08:40
Can't believe I forgot F-Zero. Great game if you're into futuristic racers which require decent reflexes.

TigaSefi
07-11-2003, 09:58
Decent reflexes ? it requires reflexes bordering on the insane...... I can't even complete chapter 2 of story mode on hard ffs :D