PDA

View Full Version : NTL Phone with 3 connections

KR766
22-12-2005, 17:52
I want to get my phone from down stairs to 3 different connections. One in my mums room and one in my room. Is this possible? I mean, I have 3 phones but without a connection. Can someone tell me step by step how to connect them wireless/wire ? Thanks!

grandmaster
22-12-2005, 17:58
i assume you are only talking voice here,

The easiest way is to buy a three pack of cordless digital phones...

These can then be distributed around the house.

KR766
22-12-2005, 17:59
Ooh, Good. So, NTL will charge me for talking on 3 phones or not?

Marge
22-12-2005, 18:07
ntl charge per call you make.

if you're all sharing the same line you can't be having 3 different conversations, you'll have to take it in turns to use the phone

grandmaster
22-12-2005, 18:58
Sorry i mistook what you were asking for.

No you cant have three different conversations on one line..

MovedGoalPosts
22-12-2005, 19:20
Cordless is probably the easiest option - saves trying to get all the cables throughout the house. You just need the one base station connected to the master phone socket.

If you do want to wire, there are plenty of adaptor doubler sockets and extension kits available at all goo DIY stores. Just remember that you shouldn't really touch the wires in the master phone socket. You can just buy wire and phone sockets and do the wires yourself. It is quite simple provided you get a IDC tool (pushes the wire into the sokcet pins). Most sockets now are colour coded making it easy.

Also remember that there is a limit to how many phones can be powered by a single incoming phone line. Phones should have a label saying their REN. Most will be one, but some are higher. The maximum REN on one line is 4.

Of course as said above, unless you have more than one incoming phone line to the house, regardless of how many phones you have, only one call can be had at a time.

AndyCambs
22-12-2005, 23:11
If you want three phones each with their own line and number, then you need to get NTL to arrange second and third lines - at a cost.
You can't do it yourself...

PS1
24-12-2005, 19:05
If you want three phones each with their own line and number, then you need to get NTL to arrange second and third lines - at a cost.
You can't do it yourself...

not exactly true,but if you get caught then youll probably end up in jail.....

dont anybody take this too seriously,its just a bit of last minute christmas banter!:D :D :D :D :D

dragon
24-12-2005, 21:42
Personally i find using DECT cordless phones is the easiest way to have a phones in mulitiple rooms.

Unless you specificly need 3 seaperate lines (in which case youd need to pay 3 lots of line rental).

I suppose if you wanted mutiple phones with multiple numbers without paying loads of line rental you could use prepay mobiles :erm:

spike7451
27-12-2005, 21:57
And it may only be a two-pair drop cable anyway!
But I think he means extensions which he cando himself as long as he does'nt remove the main part of the master socket.The small lower plate is designed for DIY'ers to add extensions without interfearing with the main connections.