PDA

View Full Version : Barclays online service RANT

downquark1
05-11-2003, 18:07
I didn't have a Barclays connect card so I had to register in a branch which obviously means ques. They then send me my account number and passcode seperately the passcode is 5 digits instead of 4 (no using your pincode then - on a sheet saying memorise and destroy). It takes a week because of the seperate deliveries and mail strikes. I then register and set a 'memorable word'. And I find to log in you have to:

Have your 11 digit account number
Your surname (not too difficult) [note these two can be saved in cookies]
You then need the the 5 digit passcode
Then it asks you TWO random letters from your 'memorable' word (6-8 letters long)

Being a :dunce: I messed up the counting the letters of the memorable word a few times. :dozey: and within 10 min of getting the dam passcode I have to wait for another one
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Compare this to the intelligent finance log in page:
https://my.if.com/_mem_bin/FormsLogin.asp?/
And you know who's the intelligent one :shocked:

And with the 2 mins I had access to the account I can't say the site is as nicely designed as IF.

Ramrod
05-11-2003, 18:16
Yup, Barclays are cr*p! I bank with them:mis:

iadom
05-11-2003, 18:26
I have had no problems with Barclays, used them for years online with their "PC Banking" setup before the current web site based system.

Personally I like a site that asks you a few questions before letting you in.

Bet you are more careful next time.:)

Gogogo
05-11-2003, 18:48
downquark1 We use Barclays Internet site frequently, and we have to say its superb, never a problem, never had a problem. Maybe, once you have sorted things out, you will find satisfaction.

:wavey:

downquark1
05-11-2003, 18:54
downquark1 We use Barclays Internet site frequently, and we have to say its superb, never a problem, never had a problem. Maybe, once you have sorted things out, you will find satisfaction.

:wavey:As I wrote in the title this was a rant so by it's nature it is exagerating. Of course my complaint was about the login system which IS undeniably overly complex in comparison. Using multiple computers and browsers I am not looking forward to entering all those details repeatedly :dozey: