PDA

View Full Version : Prince Charles scandal

dialanothernumb
05-11-2003, 09:23
Does anybody know (or think they know) the story the papers have been trying to publish about a certain jug-eared member of the royal family?

peachey
05-11-2003, 09:30
Does anybody know (or think they know) the story the papers have been trying to publish about a certain jug-eared member of the royal family?

yeah - come on

someone must know!

dialanothernumb
05-11-2003, 09:39
yeah - come on

someone must know!

Someone please remove this post if there's a serious risk of a legal problem here, but here goes:

Sources: This is purely from a search of the internet using words like Charles, butler, sex. A search on Google Groups was particularly revealing, especially the forums that are based outside of UK jurisdiction(!) I am in no way connected with the royal family.

Allegation: That the royal butler who recorded the story of his rape by another member of the royal staff (NOT royal family) on an audio tape also related that he'd seen a senior male royal "in flagrante" with a senior male member of the royal household staff. This apparently was the reason why Diana once said that Charles would never become King (?, because he was really a Queen!)

gary_580
05-11-2003, 10:43
Thats probably the main reason for the concerns over Burrell writing another book. At the end of the day who cares if anything happened and does it really affect you??

These people should have a private life and they probably get up to more things than you will ever know about but it doesnt make any difference to you does it.

peachey
05-11-2003, 10:51
if you are setting yourself up as 'defender of the faith'
and drawing tithes, rents and taxes off all and sundry you could say that it affects all of us

basa
05-11-2003, 10:56
Plus if they used their exhaulted position to coerce someone into an indecent act, that could well be rape. :shocked:

dialanothernumb
05-11-2003, 11:11
Thats probably the main reason for the concerns over Burrell writing another book. At the end of the day who cares if anything happened and does it really affect you??

These people should have a private life and they probably get up to more things than you will ever know about but it doesnt make any difference to you does it.

I would be the first to agree with you, in normal circumstances. What I think is fascinating, though is the debate about "rights", especially rights to privacy. Whilst everyone should have a basic right to privacy, the Royal Family have many more privileges than the commoner. Therefore there is a realistic tradeoff between the benefits and disadvantages of celebrity status. If a Royal (or any other "celeb") is projecting one image (family man, future "defender of the faith" etc) and benefitting from this, whilst living a life that they wouldn't want others to know about, that is abusive. In this day and age, a gay or bi future King really ought to be manageable. The only thing stopping this being "accepted" is the hypocritical way in which the Royals are trying to suppress the info (if it's all true of course). I have to declare that I am republican, but I hold no animosity towards individuals, just to the institution.

I think you make a good point, gary, that, in the end this doesn't affect the vast majority of us in any way, especially given the relevance of the monarchy to Britain nowadays.

@basa: Just for info, there's nothing in the rumours that are circulating, to suggest that the Royal in question was raped, or commited rape

basa
05-11-2003, 11:17
<snip>....@basa: Just for info, there's nothing in the rumours that are circulating, to suggest that the Royal in question was raped, or commited rape

Agreed..that is why I said "Plus if they used etc......that could well be rape" ;)

gary_580
05-11-2003, 12:12
Plus if they used their exhaulted position to coerce someone into an indecent act, that could well be rape. :shocked:

Only the same as anyone elses boss trying it on

peachey
05-11-2003, 12:26

shouldn't they be behaving in an exemplorary fashion tho

given their 'hightened' status

philip.j.fry
05-11-2003, 12:47
shouldn't they be behaving in an exemplorary fashion tho

given their 'hightened' status

Could be seen as behaving like Royalty though, isn't this the way some of the monarchy have always behaved?

basa
05-11-2003, 13:17
And it would still be rape (or assault etc.) Coercion (sp?) by threatening with a weapon or livelihood does not resolve to consent.

Could be seen as behaving like Royalty though, isn't this the way some of the monarchy have always behaved?

That still doesn't make it right !
If it happened they should all be hung !!! :p :p and give us all a hand out with the money saved !! :smokin:

philip.j.fry
05-11-2003, 13:52
That still doesn't make it right !
If it happened they should all be hung !!! :p :p and give us all a hand out with the money saved !! :smokin:

No I quite agree, it definately doesn't make it right.

ntluser
05-11-2003, 14:24
No I quite agree, it definately doesn't make it right.

Absolutely. If this were true and if it were a situation involving an ordinary man in the street, the police would have been down on him like a ton of bricks but Charles has the advantage that investigations involving the Royal Family are generally hushed up and definitely no arrests or prosecutions follow.

kink
07-11-2003, 19:33
Someone please remove this post if there's a serious risk of a legal problem here, but here goes:

Sources: This is purely from a search of the internet using words like Charles, butler, sex. A search on Google Groups was particularly revealing, especially the forums that are based outside of UK jurisdiction(!) I am in no way connected with the royal family.

Allegation: That the royal butler who recorded the story of his rape by another member of the royal staff (NOT royal family) on an audio tape also related that he'd seen a senior male royal "in flagrante" with a senior male member of the royal household staff. This apparently was the reason why Diana once said that Charles would never become King (?, because he was really a Queen!)
Heard on the news when i got home tonight that Italian TV, as discreet as ever :erm: , went ahead and broadcast the allegations...
Having Italian TV in my house... i asked around.. and that is indeed the story that has been legally censored in the British media.... and no mention of rape was made, the alleged incident was supposed to be consential.