PDA

View Full Version : ntl:home football offer

Graham F
04-11-2003, 22:20
I have to say that i don't think its a bad little offer what does everyone else think?

www.ntlhome.com/football

hobbie
04-11-2003, 23:13
I signed up the other day.It can be a bit confusing to navigate the site ( well Cardiff's anyway) but you soon get used to it. It's a pretty amazing offer really--you have acces to video clips of a whole range of things--every goal your team has scored ,celebrations, free-kicks,near-misses etc etc .
The only downside is that you can only pick Nationwide teams.

Russ
04-11-2003, 23:15
Anyone else noticed that they've missed out one or two minor football teams such as Man United and Arsenal???

grum1978
04-11-2003, 23:20
Russ AFAIK its to do with who Premium TV (part of ntl) run the sites for seen as Man Utd and Arsenal run their own sites thats why there not there.

Russ
04-11-2003, 23:21
If I need to see videoclips of goals etc I'll just use my 3G phone thanks :D

Richard M
04-11-2003, 23:21
Russ AFAIK its to do with who Premium TV (part of ntl) ...

Hmm...

grum1978
04-11-2003, 23:25
Hmm...

http://www.premiumtv.co.uk/today/view/page/0,,10822,00.html

Peter
05-11-2003, 00:10
Can someone please explain how I can take advantage of this if I'm already an NTL broadband 1MB customer?

I follow the link and choose my team (Lincoln City) and I'm already logged in. I only see links to "sign up" for broadband?!

zovat
06-11-2003, 14:53
Can someone please explain how I can take advantage of this if I'm already an NTL broadband 1MB customer?

I follow the link and choose my team (Lincoln City) and I'm already logged in. I only see links to "sign up" for broadband?!

ditto - is this just for new NTL customers - or can existing customers get this as well ? :confused:

allanprg
06-11-2003, 15:00
Actually it's been around for ages. I joined for my team Portsmouth about 8 or 9 months ago. I see all the video highlights of the matches. Also team news on video. I think it's very good. :smokin: :cool:

tabatha
06-11-2003, 16:55
Hi...just a point,,,hobbie[post2] says it is only for nationwide teams...allanprg[post10] sees all the highlights for portsmouth,,,I thought p/mouth were a premier div team???...tho perhaps they were left on the site cos its only for one season??!!??

CaKe
06-11-2003, 17:34
Existing customers can use it - at one point it was if you had broadband installed before a certain date - but after a few cock-ups (if Premium TV is part of ntl, the customer service hasn't improved :grind: ) but my subscription is up and running :)

http://www.premiumtv.co.uk/today/view/second_feature/0,,10822,00.html - list of all the clubs - Man U/Arsenal aren't part of the PTV network, so won't be there, but there are a fair few premiership teams there!

Features : highlights of games, live commentary of each game - in my experience it's not the most reliable, but for free I'm not complaining (but I was a paying customer last season!) - they do seem to reply to techy e-mails fairly quickly on match day though, even if they do tell you to listen to the opposition commentary for a while :)

In my case, if I go to my team's site, it brings up a huge ad banner first - official site, world site & broadband offer buttons along the bottom - if I then choose official site there's a smaller ad on the right saying "are you an ntl: broadband user? claim your free world subscription" - then it asks for account numbers and such, verifies it, and, signs you up :)

BEWARE though - don't fall for the "fill the form in and we'll verify you're eligible for it" - as soon as you press submit or whatever, it activates your subscription (can't you tell I got caught out by that ;))

Peter
06-11-2003, 17:36
My clubs site doesn't say that, typical!

grum1978
06-11-2003, 18:12

which club?

allanprg
06-11-2003, 18:18
Yes I went to my teams site like Cake did. And all the details were there. My team are going to be still in the Premier by the end of the season. Well I hope. And this offer is for Nationwide and Premier.

CaKe
06-11-2003, 18:30

If I go to http://www.redimps.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Home/0,,10440,00.html - the PTV site for Lincoln City - I get the ad page, then at the top of all the ickle square ads on the right, I get the ntl broadband offer ad - wonder why you can't see them :(

Somewhere there should be a contact e-mail - maybe you can contact them and they'll set up the subscription for you ?

CaKe

Niles Crane
06-11-2003, 19:09
It only applies to clubs who use the premiumtv.co.uk system. Which is why Man United, Arsenal, Liverpool etc arent included as they use an independent website provider. Clubs who use that system have been advertising this on their websites, for nearly a year. This isnt anything new at all.

Peter
06-11-2003, 19:13
Lincoln City.

Where on the page has the link been for current customers for other clubs?

CaKe
08-11-2003, 13:34
Peter - http://www.redimps.premiumtv.co.uk/page/WorldKickOff/

There is an "ntl existing customers" ad on the right hand side, a square one - you can click on that and sign up :)

Or - this is the page that ad links to - http://www.redimps.premiumtv.co.uk/redirect/index.html?campaignName=ntlfreeworldeditorial

Good luck against Brighton today ;)

Peter
11-11-2003, 18:53
The problem is, the page it goes to is the same as if you were a new customer. There isn't anywhere for existing customers. :D

CaKe
12-11-2003, 11:36
No idea then - I can't see it as I don't have a username & password for that site (& am not signing up cos I did that once for another team to look for team news & ended up with a load of bloody email being sent to me & no way of removing it cos it wouldn't recognise my username/password :grind: but enough of that :D)

Only thing I can suggest is e-mailing them : clubsupport@premiumtv.co.uk

They swapped my subscription over - although they do take a while to respond to e-mails sometimes, annoying given that they won't give support any other way ;)

DUNDALKSPUR
22-10-2005, 13:06
CAN YOU GET FOOTBALL FIRST ON NTL PLEASE? You know selecting your own matches at 10.15 on saturday like SKY?

Downloads
22-10-2005, 20:46
CAN YOU GET FOOTBALL FIRST ON NTL PLEASE? You know selecting your own matches at 10.15 on saturday like SKY?

No, l don't work for Sky. Perhaps you ought to phone them and tell them? :)

I really don't understand people who type rubbish.

GeoffW
22-08-2006, 17:36
I've been using this for a couple of years but my club just emailed me and told me the free offer was finishing next month. Has anyone else been told they need to pay for it now?

GeoffW
27-08-2006, 16:49
So I guess not then, it looks like its just my money grabbing club (Reading) that have withdrawn this free service.

Jonathan David
27-08-2006, 16:51
Same here as well for my team (Northampton)

allanprg
27-08-2006, 17:16
I've been using this for a couple of years but my club just emailed me and told me the free offer was finishing next month. Has anyone else been told they need to pay for it now?

Yes my team Pompey have just sent me an email. It says the free offer will stop by mid September. I will have to pay after that. Don't know if I will or not yet.;)

Carth
29-08-2006, 19:54
I remember trying this a couple of years ago. I correctly went through all the stages to sign up, yet kept getting informed I wasn't an NTL customer :shrug:

I even swapped a few emails with one of their admin blokes who still maintained I wasn't an NTL customer :nutter:

.... anyway, it was no loss, Luton still did quite well without me watching the match highlights :p: :D