PDA

View Full Version : Marmite ...

Nemesis
03-11-2003, 13:15
Like it or loathe it ... come on which is it :D

Musicman
03-11-2003, 13:17

Love it, so much I used to spoon it out of the jar & eat it!

Even now I spread it on like jam on my toast.

Bex
03-11-2003, 13:20
I LOVE it.....

did you know if you spend ages mashing it with the back of a spoon, eventually it turns white......... yes i know it is sad that i know that, but was on a semi-school trip once and me and one of the teachers were bored

orangebird
03-11-2003, 13:27
LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Marmite... :romance:

chambece
03-11-2003, 13:34
Just enjoying some Cheese and Marmite Muffins as we speak......

allanprg
03-11-2003, 13:39
Loathe it, loathe it. I can't stand it. Never have. I did try it once, that was enough. Yuk yuk!!!!!

darant
03-11-2003, 13:44

cheese and marmite toasties all day................

another good one is put a dollop of marmite on your roast spuds about half an hour after you put them in. YUMMYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

http://www.marmite.com/marmite/marmite.html

Bex
03-11-2003, 13:49
cheese and marmite toasties all day................

another good one is put a dollop of marmite on your roast spuds about half an hour after you put them in. YUMMYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

http://www.marmite.com/marmite/marmite.html

was there a thread on this on .com ages and ages ago? or was it another forum i use?! tried the marmite on spud thing yummy

Nemesis
03-11-2003, 13:50
Well, all those that love it ..................... you must be sick, the stuff is disgusting, yuk, Yeeeuuurrgggghhhhh. How can you eat that stuff :sick:

swoop101
03-11-2003, 13:51

This product should carry a health warning on it.
It is the most evil product ever devised for human consumption.
I am prevented from giving my true opinion of this substance by common decency and the profanity filter.
It is THE JAM OF THE DEVIL :afire: :afire:

this is my personal view, and if this does not conform to other people views then that is their problem :D

zoombini
03-11-2003, 14:03
Oh no, not this old chestnut again... and again... :banghead:

Look if you do not like it then thats just you, the rest for the world can make thier own minds up about it & the majority of them like Marmite.
Why does it need a stoopid poll thats going to be in favour of it? :Peaceman:

Unfortunately if you have children you will find that you need to make twice as much Marmite on toast as by the time you have sat down to eat your toast in comfort, 1/2 of it has mysteriously dissapeared. :batty:

chambece
03-11-2003, 14:58
I thought this was on .com a while ago - and I'm glad I'm not the only one who does the jacket spud thing.... I just realised that I posted that one on .com!!

Anyone Drink Marmite like Bovril?

Defiant
03-11-2003, 15:21
Can't stand it

Jerrek
03-11-2003, 16:20
What the hell is marmite?

Nemesis
03-11-2003, 16:25
Yeast extract brown disgusting stuff, the Aussies call it vegamite. It's thoroughly disgusting.

swoop101
03-11-2003, 16:26

This (http://www.gty.org/~phil/marmite.htm#whatis) should give you the answer.

Dooby
03-11-2003, 17:42
i like marmite, but bovril is much nicer ( yes I know you are supposed to drink it, but I like it on toast ALRIGHT ... GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT ... good LOL )

yesman
03-11-2003, 17:55
Lovely Stuff.................

Try marmite on your toast with scrambled eggs Heaven!!!!!!!!!!!!

idi banashapan
03-11-2003, 18:06
Yeast extract brown disgusting stuff, the Aussies call it vegamite. It's thoroughly disgusting.

I thought vegemite was actually different stuff. You used to be able to get it over here (UK) but I haven't seen it for a few years now. I'm sure Tesco used to sell it next to marmite.

Sipowicz
03-11-2003, 18:13
Love it!

Dairylea & Marmite sarnies......
On toast to settle the stomach after a heavy night on the juice....
My mate used to eat it with Cheese and Banana on toast!! (but she was pregnant at the time!)
Marmite crisps! (thanks Walkers!!!)

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Mal
03-11-2003, 18:27
:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:
'orrible stuff!

Atomic22
03-11-2003, 18:36
marmite on toast cut into soldiers and dipped into a soft boiled egg in an egg cup.............oh and walkers marmite crisps are wonderful

Maggy
03-11-2003, 19:13
marmite!food of the gods(in this case a goddess)and very good for you besides being a dieters friend(hardly any calories).

great added to home made potato wedges too.:)

incog.

Bex
03-11-2003, 19:51
I thought vegemite was actually different stuff. You used to be able to get it over here (UK) but I haven't seen it for a few years now. I'm sure Tesco used to sell it next to marmite.

you can still buy vegemite in tesco and sainsburys

Chimaera
03-11-2003, 20:18
I could be wrong here but...........

it seems to me that mainly us girlies like it (I love it and so do my 2 girls) but blokes usually don't?

Bex
03-11-2003, 20:43

it seems to me that mainly us girlies like it (I love it and so do my 2 girls) but blokes usually don't?

i'm guessing that this forum wouldn't be the best place to test that hypothesis...since there are far more lads on here than lasses

MikeyB
03-11-2003, 21:24
Marmite :) lurve the stuff :romance: it's fantabulous!!!!!

There can't be many days I don't have marmite in some way or other, some ways I like to enjoy it are:

On its own
Cheese & Marmite
Peanut Butter & Marmite
Cheese, Penut Butter & Marimte
Jam & Marmite

All just scrummy on bread or toast :) :tu:

Paul
03-11-2003, 21:50
Marmite - Yuuuuuuuuukkkkkkkkkkk :sick:

Lew
03-11-2003, 21:54
I prefer Vegemite to Marmite, but I still love both :D

Maggy
03-11-2003, 22:12

nope! i and my son love it.my daughter and her father loathe it.i think it's evenly spaced between the sexes.not everything is gender related anyway.

incog. :Peaceman: