PDA

View Full Version : terrestrial channels via "cable"

SuBtaFuGe
01-11-2003, 12:45
I got NTL installed today, and the engineer was kind enough to split the cable so that I could plug the wire into my tv aerial input and tune into the terrestrial channels. Thing is, I have read up alot on this, and it seems like everyone is able to get all 5 main channels, plus they are able to get sky 1 and a variety of others. I am only able to get bbc1, bbc 2, itv and channel 4. I would like to know if there is anything I can do to get ch. 5 plus hopefully some of the other channels too (I am subscribed to the NTL tv service anyway, so I am not looking to get the channels for free, just have them come through on the tv that is not where the digibox is)

SuBtaFuGe
01-11-2003, 13:25
ok, i have plugged this into my tv-card on my pc, and am picking up a load of other channels. unfortunately the picture "rolls" on most of the channels. any idea how to sort that out?

XFS03
01-11-2003, 13:36
If your TV covers the Hyperband channels, then it should pick up all the analogue channels. Look at the specifications for your TV in the instruction book. It should tell you if the hyperband & cable frequencies are covered.

In my area all the normal terrestrial channels are transmitted via cable within the normal TV frequencies anyway (C21 - 69), but obviously your area must be different.

The channels that are 'rolling' on yout TV card, will be the encrypted channels.

Nemesis
03-11-2003, 14:22
If your TV covers the Hyperband channels, then it should pick up all the analogue channels. Look at the specifications for your TV in the instruction book. It should tell you if the hyperband & cable frequencies are covered.

In my area all the normal terrestrial channels are transmitted via cable within the normal TV frequencies anyway (C21 - 69), but obviously your area must be different.

The channels that are 'rolling' on yout TV card, will be the encrypted channels.
http://forum.nthellworld.co.uk/showthread.php?t=420

The link above was to a thread I started about being able to get extra channels on Terrestrial TV. Only one TV manages to do this, a new Philips one which searches on Mhz rather than UHF.